PDA

View Full Version : Hi, I'm new here

nascarmom
12-29-2005, 02:23 PM
Hi, my name is Kellie and I clean obsessively so I don't have to think about being alone. You wouldn't think that I would be alone, considering I have 5 kids and a husband, but when he's off to work and the kids are off to school, things get kind of hairy around here. I hate being alone, but I'm scared to death to talk to anyone. I'm scared of people. Yes, I have my "safe" people, but when it comes to talking to strangers, or people I have only known for a short while, I just clam up, and run the other way. I'm seeing a therapist, and taking my meds, but this condition has gotten worse over the last few months and I'm afraid that if something doesn't change soon, I'm going to be totally housebound. I have a difficult time even going to the store alone, so I wait until my kids get home and take one of them with me. If I do have to go alone, I go at odd times so that I won't run into anyone I know, and I use the self-checkout lane so I won't have to talk to anyone. I know this is long, but it feels good to finally get it out in the open. If anyone has any suggestions or ideas for me, please let me know, I'm more than willing to listen and to try almost anything.

brickyard_red
12-29-2005, 03:02 PM
Welcome nascarmom, I'm glad you're here. I think you have come to the right place. There are many here who deal with what you are dealing with right now. I know there have been posts where breathing techniques have been talked about, maybe those would help you. Look in the resources section and if it's not there, maybe I can put it there for ya. Or have someone else do it. :)

Also, never worry about a post being too long, you just go ahead and say anything and everything you wish. I know from personal experience, typing it out and putting it up on the forum makes you feel better. :) Hang in there and know you're not alone!

Cath :)