PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety at end of day

isaacA
07-26-2015, 12:23 AM
Any advice for settling my mind at the end of the day? I usually find something I did or said in a social situation to cause me worry, even if I had a good day and did nothing wrong. Usually I think about specific things but sometimes I just have a feeling I did something to worry about and can't put my finger and look for things.

Can you help me settle

Kuma
07-26-2015, 08:00 AM
Any advice for settling my mind at the end of the day? I usually find something I did or said in a social situation to cause me worry, even if I had a good day and did nothing wrong. Usually I think about specific things but sometimes I just have a feeling I did something to worry about and can't put my finger and look for things.

Can you help me settle

I often have the same reaction - either in a social situation or at work. I tend to replay the situation over and over in my mind, which is not constructive. Sometimes a distraction is good enough for me. Sometimes I will run the situation by my wife, to try to get a more "objective" view of what I said/did. (But sometimes I just don't feel like doing that). Sometimes I try a cup of passion flower tea, which has relaxing properties. But I have to be honest -- there are times when none of this works and I just have to live with the anxiety and try to get to sleep. If I cannot get to sleep, I sometimes (not often) take a sleeping pill. That helps.

Im-Suffering
07-26-2015, 08:45 AM
when you go over your day, before bed, this is actually a fine practice. you can then learn from mistakes, etc, not to blindly repeat them, or possibly act differently next time, think differently. but don't forget, this recap should include what you did right too ! and to build on those experiences. just recapitulating the negative with no resolution is not constructive in itself.

give as much emphasis to what you were happy with, smile a lot as you drift off. and youll wake up with a smile too.

gypsylee
07-26-2015, 05:21 PM
Breathing. Learn how to breathe with your diaphragm and practice as much as you can. I can't emphasise this enough :)