PDA

View Full Version : The Linden Method Forum. Help discuss on Facebook!

matty_t
06-23-2015, 05:09 AM
Hey Guys,

I've started a forum on facebook for anyone who has experienced the Linden Method for Anxiety Recovery. Please search "The Linden Method Forum" on your facebook. Please join and discuss your experience!

Matthew

Dahila
06-23-2015, 07:07 AM
it is working like every other relaxation. I was very bored after a month of using it. So I switched again to regular meditation. We have a lot of discussion about this method here, facebook is not necessaryk, but maybe someone will like to join.
Welcome to the forum, it would be nice if you introduce yourself in few words Matty:)

gypsylee
06-23-2015, 08:28 AM
I've never heard of it? I'm not joining anything on FB if I can help it though!

Welcome to this here forum Matty :)

gypsylee
06-23-2015, 08:57 AM
Can someone just give me a basic explanation of what this Linden Method is? I've been Googling and I can't get a straight answer! I even ended up Googling "What the fuck is the Linden Method?" Please someone tell me wtf it is!

:)

NixonRulz
06-23-2015, 09:08 AM
Can someone just give me a basic explanation of what this Linden Method is? I've been Googling and I can't get a straight answer! I even ended up Googling "What the fuck is the Linden Method?" Please someone tell me wtf it is!

:)

It's essentially everything PaniCured talks about. A lot of his advice is based on Linden

gypsylee
06-23-2015, 09:15 AM
I thought his stuff was Claire Weekes?

Im-Suffering
06-23-2015, 09:35 AM
FYI the linden method (9 pillars to success):

He was influenced heavily by both Weekes and CBT therapists throwing a lot of this and that into the pot.

Nutshell -

Stop visiting your doctor (and other doctors too)

Talk to your doctor about stopping the medication

Stop looking for answers to your problems elsewhere

** Only use the Linden method **

Stop talking to other people about how you feel

Stop relying on other people for help with your feelings

Get rid of memories about your problem

Keep busy as a diversion (distraction)

Don't allow anxiety to change what you do.

gypsylee
06-23-2015, 09:50 AM
Thank you Im-Suffering!!

Im-Suffering
06-23-2015, 10:22 AM
Vous êtes les bienvenus !

matty_t
06-23-2015, 11:33 PM
Thank you guys. The whole point really was to debate which parts of the method were useful, and which ones were not. I did not follow all of the pillars (for example, taking medication - I still do it) but it seemed to be ok for me. I have just relapsed so I am looking to try different things and looking how to long term commit to anxiety recovery. His stuff is similar to Claire Weekes, especially his advice in panic attacks - "ride the wave" of panic. Also I love his visualizations, they are the most effective meditation strategy I have found from anywhere, i definately suggest those.

gypsylee
06-24-2015, 01:29 AM
What are the visualisations Matty? Can you explain them?

sae
06-24-2015, 02:52 AM
This is the first I have heard about this as I am still relatively new to various methods of anxiety relief outside of take the pills, see the doc. I found some information outside of this thread but it was all rather non specific (as I am sure is essential as trying to sell the material is ineffective if it is readily available online.) The major difference I am catching between this and CBT is the belief of anxiety ' s root as physiological or behavioral.
Is there any information, documentation of people diagnosed with anxiety and NLD that have had success with this Linden method?

matty_t
06-24-2015, 03:00 AM
The visualizations are basically guided meditation programs, but Charles brings a bit of confidence in how he speaks which makes them quite powerful, especially if you're going through an attack.

matty_t
06-24-2015, 04:05 AM
Hey sae. Check on youtube for a couple of more "honest" responses about using the Linden Method. The Linden Method mainly emphasizes that the root of the problem is almost entirely behavioral. If you act as an anxious person all your life, your body will naturally react with anxiety. My long term goal is to try and practice being a person who is not anxious, as hard as that may be. It will involve then exposing myself to anxiety provoking situations and trying to be as calm as possible. It will initially probably fail, but getting out of the anxious cycle I have been so good at doing for the past decade won't be easy haha.

gypsylee
06-24-2015, 05:03 AM
Well I've been investigating and it sounds good, but not $100+ good.

NixonRulz
06-24-2015, 05:31 AM
Hey sae. Check on youtube for a couple of more "honest" responses about using the Linden Method. The Linden Method mainly emphasizes that the root of the problem is almost entirely behavioral. If you act as an anxious person all your life, your body will naturally react with anxiety. My long term goal is to try and practice being a person who is not anxious, as hard as that may be. It will involve then exposing myself to anxiety provoking situations and trying to be as calm as possible. It will initially probably fail, but getting out of the anxious cycle I have been so good at doing for the past decade won't be easy haha.

Matty - going into anxiety causing situations and trying to remain calm sounds like a great idea. And once you succeed at tha, chances are you would feel like that situation is now under control

But would happen in a year, if you found yourself in that same situation and you could not be calm and just started panicking?

I did the above and thought it was the right course until I found out the hard way that it wasn't

I think you have a great attitude in beating anxiety. What I would suggest, and it's only a suggestion because it worked awesome for me, is to go in those situations and let the anxiety and panic come and flow through you. Not fighting it , but inviting it.

That is what Claire Weekes would call "floating" through the panic.

If you go in those situations and get anxious and feel panic and you do NOTHING, you retrain your mind to associate that situation with no danger. Essentially eliminating tnat trigger since your mind realizes you are not trying to run away or fight so the mind rewrites that code in your brain to not feel sacred there

Feeling anxiety and panic and realizing nothing harmful, only uncomfortable feelings come is the key for it to stop

Take away the fear, which essentially what anxiety is, you can't panic even if you wanted to

However you take this on, I hope it's a brief ride

matty_t
06-24-2015, 06:44 AM
Hey this sounds like awesome advice. It was my next step in fact. Ironically as you said, after a year you tend to forget what the panic feeling is like (exactly what happened to me). So then when it comes back, it frightens you just the same as it used to. Especially since after all that time you have forgotten what to do.

The advice given by Claire Weeks and Linden about floating through anxiety is my next course of action in beating this. Do you have any specifics regarding how exactly you went about it? I know that is a tough thing to ask, but there may be some subtle ways to not fear these panics anymore.

Im-Suffering
06-24-2015, 06:57 AM
Any method will do. Your ancestors tried stake burning (often mental illness mistaken for 'witchcraft') as a cure. Witch hunts or rain dances. Even recently removing parts of the brain. Or electrocution. Whatever is fashionable for the time period. Exorcism without the Hollywood drama was conceived as a way to 'overthrow' the 'demonized' thoughts.

But I will tell you -

Get hands on with your life. Do (create), period. (you do not always panic in every endeavor). Out of your mind and into the grind. Stay young and soft with a burning desire for achievement. Rather than grow old and hard, rigid and life-less.

Your bodies need earth. They are made from the same stuff so they crave connection. Your cells are continually swapping with the environment. (Science suggests every 10 years. This is incorrect). By the time you read this, your big toe cells have swapped with your friendly tree outside, or perhaps more intimately, the chair you sit in.

This constant rejuvenation suggests chronic illness is kept alive by mental processes and not the body itself. Such as cancer cells. In further terms, the tree does not 'get', 'your' cancer. The cell reverts back to it's natural unfettered state as it leaps to the tree.

Nobody 'likes' to feel sick. But the body is not to blame.

Without the mental masturbation, the mind conceives and the body achieves along the 'natural' rhythm of thought.

Without this earthy connectiveness or if one gets too body-attached you will become mind-tranced, and lost in the bowels of your own psyche (and destructive thinking). The body reflects this with dis-ease (hyphen).

You are not separate from nature, you are nature. A disconnection of the body (from 'nature') along with a stuck entranced-with-itself masturbating psyche is the impetus for all illness. False beliefs are the cause.

Disclosure: when I use the word 'you' here it is generally speaking.

gypsylee
06-24-2015, 10:25 PM
I got the Linden Method pack (I have means of getting things a little cheaper than the retail price..) and it's quite a good system. I'm not sure I agree with him that you have to follow the whole thing *exactly* in order to cure anxiety and I certainly won't, but for people new to anxiety I think it's worthwhile. The price tag would definitely put a lot of people off though. Personally I prefer Claire Weekes stuff which isn't as "all or nothing" but there are some great ideas to take from The Linden Method.

Dahila
06-25-2015, 07:57 AM
You are not separate from nature, you are nature. A disconnection of the body (from 'nature') along with a stuck entranced-with-itself masturbating psyche is the impetus for all illness. False beliefs are the cause.
such simple true and no one believes it. Thank you M. :)