PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety & dating

BrookeLynnnn
06-19-2015, 11:14 AM
I know I know, I'm super prego so why should I be dating.. I don't know really. I just met someone & we just clicked. Problem is.. He lives an hour & a half away. He drove out to see me yesterday & wants to again today. But my anxiety wants to push him away so bad. How could this possibly work with the distance & my out of town anxiety??

& I hate dates :( I haven't been on one since I've been off my meds.. I don't like being away from my safe people.. Can't really bring a plus one on my date lmao. I've been thinking of quick things like ice cream by my house but then I'm like what if I panic & I scare him away.

Ugh I hate you anxiety.

drac16
06-19-2015, 09:57 PM
He's going to find out anyhow. If it turns out that he wants nothing to do with you after he finds out about what you suffer from, that is a sure sign that he was never right for you to begin with.

Kuma
06-20-2015, 08:19 AM
I think it is cool to date while prego. Why not? And the fact that he lives some distance will give you a motivation to push beyond your comfort zone a bit, which may help in getting past the anxiety. So I like it. Sure, there is a chance that he won't want to be with a girl who has anxiety or who has a kid. If that is the case, then so be it. There are other fish in the sea, who will appreciate you for who you are. But maybe this guy IS one for you. So don't exclude the possibility. Be honest about who you are, and see how it goes. You might be surprised - it could work out great.

BrookeLynnnn
06-22-2015, 01:58 PM
Thanks for the replies!

& I told him about my anxiety. He doesn't understand but at least now he knows. & he drove to see me Saturday still knowing I was crazy haha

I guess all I can do now is try my best & see what happens!

I also thought this would be a good way of working on my agoraphobia. We shall see! He's moving closer to me in September anyways for work reasons. So IF things go okay, this long distance is only temporary.