PDA

View Full Version : Ticklish?

Maggie May
12-24-2005, 05:49 AM
I am so ticklish that I have had to train my poor boyfriend to only touch me in a firm way. Any light stroking or light tracing with the fingers makes me squirm! :)

I also have to move if he is spooning me in his sleep when his breath tickles the back of my neck.

And even stranger, I have a slight resistance to showering! Don't get me wrong, I do shower, but I feel resistance to doing it, and I'll tell you why. (I have never told anyone this before, but I figure if anyone will understand it will be you fine people!)

When I first step into the shower, the water droplets running down my body tickle me so bad! It takes about a minute before it stops tickling, but it is a very unpleasant minute. Plus, I have really long thick hair and when I'm washing my hair, if a hair falls out and clings to my back or the back of my legs it really tickles.

I hate washing my face in the sink, because if water droplets run down my arms, it feels very uncomfortable.

And when there is a hair caught between my clothes and my skin it will drive me MAD until I find it and get it out of there. I can't tell you how many times people have caught me in public with the bottom of my shirt folded partway up, trying to find the tickly little thing! I have also been known to fold the top of a v neck shirt down a little so I can retrieve an errant hair between the top half of my shirt and my skin. Hee hee.

I also find it extremely constricting to wear bras, so I started wearing tank tops instead.

Okay, so I'm a total freak, how about you guys? ;) Actually, I feel so much better having gotten it out there. :)

Maggie

babycristy
12-24-2005, 03:32 PM
I don't really know what to say to this. lol...Its just something rare. I wouldn't worry too much about it though, I mean, as long as there is no real pain or danger involved. I would probably talk to a doctor about it though, just to see his input on things. Your skin might just be veryyy sensitive to touch. My boyfriend is a little like that though. If i touch a certain area on his belly he jumps, it is totally uncomfortable to him, I don't know why exactly because i am not that sensitive or ticklish.

shoe
12-24-2005, 03:36 PM
lol. I'm not ticklish per se, but if I do feel a stray hair or lint or something under my clothes and start to imagine its a bug I get a little antsy and then the feeling begins to travel all over my body hehe. Then I just have to find someplace to undress and get rid of the pesty thing!

babycristy
12-24-2005, 05:31 PM
now that you mention the bug thing....i CAN relate! lol...Well, lets just say that I have woken up twice with a cockroach on me....Eeeww!!! After those two gross experiences, my boyfriend has touched me a couple of times really gently and i totally jumped because it felt like the cockroaches! And at night, I have developed a detection for anything that feels ticklish that touches me, like roaches. When I feel that at night, I jump and try to remove it, even though it might just be the covers or my own hair that falls on my skin...

You see, you are definately not alone! Well, goodluck, and don't worry too much about it.

Laura
12-30-2005, 09:33 AM
I to have this feeling at times ! I think at times my skin is just plain over sensitive. I dont like the feeling of being restricted!! I wish I could go without a bra but I am afraid we would have a
" Major Earthquake " ! LOL!!!

karmica
01-02-2006, 01:55 AM
I am ticklish, mainly on my feet, underarms and just inside my right elbow (but not my left - bizarre) but I find being tickled unbarable. I don't mean in the giggly sense. I mean I can't stand it, it makes me feel really jumpy. Yay! I got that off my chest. :mrgreen:

Maggie May
01-02-2006, 03:15 AM
Oh, it's so good to know I'm not the only one! :)

Yeah, I also feel irritated if someone tickles me, and anger if they won't stop. It's not fun at all. It's hard to make people understand that! I want to say, "Look, I totally get that you're enjoying my reaction and you think we're having fun, but if you don't stop, I am going to punch you. ;)

Clear communication is the key!

Maggie

Laura
01-02-2006, 05:56 PM
Dont get me wrong I love to hug and receive hugs and am not freaked out by touching, but it drives me up the wall when people wont back off when told to do so!! or become offended and automatically think your weird , or pissed off. When you tell someone NO or Stop is that not a healthy way to communicate ??