PDA

View Full Version : Don't know how to handle my anxiety issues

DudeInLove57
05-19-2015, 01:38 PM
Everyday I face constant anxiety issues. I feel this pit in my stomach almost the entire day. I have a girlfriend who I love very much, and I know she loves me. Its just every time I am alone, I think all these crazy thoughts in my head. Thoughts like she is making out with a guy, sleeping with someone else, or just cheating thoughts in general. Do I have any REAL reason to believe that? No, I do not. Every time she gets a snapchat from a guy, I want to scream. I have tried talking to these issues with my best friend. I even went to the doctor to see if I could get some medicine to calm me down. On a side note I have told my girlfriend about these issues. While talking about it with her helps for a moment, the cycle continues again later. I am having no luck at beating this thing. At times I think it would just be best if I was single that way I would not have to deal with this. The only reason I could think I keep thinking these thoughts is because my last girlfriend cheated on me. Ever since then I guess I have been pretty messed up. Another reason is I don't have a lot of self confidence in my looks. I look okay, but my girlfriend is a freaking dynamite when it comes to looks.

One day I even went to dinner with her friends, and one of them was a guy. It was so bad I actually left twice because I could not handle the situation. All they were talking about was typical things, but the connection between them made me irritated. I left, and came back five minutes later after I tried so hard to convince myself it was nothing. Then another ten minutes into the dinner I left again because I just could not handle it. My girlfriend is almost embarrassed to bring me around her friends because I am like this. I do not get mad at people or show any kind of violence, I am a quiet guy usually. I really want some help beating this. So if anyone has any ideas to help control this please let me know.

NixonRulz
05-19-2015, 03:46 PM
Everyday I face constant anxiety issues. I feel this pit in my stomach almost the entire day. I have a girlfriend who I love very much, and I know she loves me. Its just every time I am alone, I think all these crazy thoughts in my head. Thoughts like she is making out with a guy, sleeping with someone else, or just cheating thoughts in general. Do I have any REAL reason to believe that? No, I do not. Every time she gets a snapchat from a guy, I want to scream. I have tried talking to these issues with my best friend. I even went to the doctor to see if I could get some medicine to calm me down. On a side note I have told my girlfriend about these issues. While talking about it with her helps for a moment, the cycle continues again later. I am having no luck at beating this thing. At times I think it would just be best if I was single that way I would not have to deal with this. The only reason I could think I keep thinking these thoughts is because my last girlfriend cheated on me. Ever since then I guess I have been pretty messed up. Another reason is I don't have a lot of self confidence in my looks. I look okay, but my girlfriend is a freaking dynamite when it comes to looks.

One day I even went to dinner with her friends, and one of them was a guy. It was so bad I actually left twice because I could not handle the situation. All they were talking about was typical things, but the connection between them made me irritated. I left, and came back five minutes later after I tried so hard to convince myself it was nothing. Then another ten minutes into the dinner I left again because I just could not handle it. My girlfriend is almost embarrassed to bring me around her friends because I am like this. I do not get mad at people or show any kind of violence, I am a quiet guy usually. I really want some help beating this. So if anyone has any ideas to help control this please let me know.

Hmmmmm.... Not sure where to start with this one

Who am I kidding? Sure I do!

That blows that your last chick cheated on you. Damn bitches.

So it is understanable why you have a tendency to be less trustful towards your current girlfriend. I will use your words and refer to her as "Dynamite" if you don't mind.

Here lies the problem - you have been getting anxious and all worked up over any interaction Dynamite has with a guy. So you have some sort of anxiety going on. You suggest that you should break up with her and be single so those feelings go away.

You can break up with Dynamite but Anxiety ain't breaking up with you

The guys are the trigger that causes you to react as you do. But your allowing your anxious mind to take control and dictate how you react is what the real problem is. Everyone has different triggers that causes them to react negatively

Your goal should not be to leave your girl, it should be to learn how to react when those anxious irrational thoughts occur. When you feel them coming, you stay in control and remember anxious thoughts are just false thoughts

Tackle the anxiety itself. That's what you focus on. Take control of your anxiety and all the other pieces fall into place

Good luck man. You can get this done