PDA

View Full Version : Constantly overthinking

willgetbetter89
05-11-2015, 05:19 AM
Hi guys,

I just want to shed a little light into a potential problem I have and maybe get some thoughts on the matter.

Overall I think I have a smart/organised very professional type of personality, although for a while I seem to be attracting a lot of drama in my life when it comes to work and I find myself talking and over reacting about issues in front of friends. Even worse when I have had a couple to drink.. I have a lot of stress and responsibility within my work and I think it takes a toll on me when I put to much on my shoulders. I feel like if there is a problem that I am the one who has created it. Although I always seem to be able to identify and fix the issue I just feel that I over react.. Or is overreacting due to my mental health? I trust people to much with my thoughts and emotions. I tell them my whole mind and obsess and stress about my issues to them. After these conversations take place I immediately regret having them. I feel that it has now taken a toll with my friendships. Like they think I almost can't handle life. Is this all part of my anxiety? Or is it a slight problem of mania?

Thanks

mrslizzyg
05-11-2015, 10:08 AM
Unfortunately, being able to answer your exact question if it has to do with anxiety/or mania would be up to a professional..(doctor..)
But I can tell you I have been in your shoes... Sometimes I feel like I talk to people about it because I am tired of holding it all in, and when someone is there in front of me I unleash it all the get it off my shoulders. Does it help in the long run? No... but it seems to make sense until the conversation is over.

Goomba
05-11-2015, 11:56 AM
Sounds like you have issues around having your emotions validated.

Doesn't sound like mania.

willgetbetter89
05-11-2015, 03:38 PM
It's like I talk to much because of nervousness, instability and to find acceptance..

I vent to my friends about my problems and almost feel as I work out my issues whilst I talk. Then I feel guilt for the fact that the conversation was irrelevant to them and that I was just over reacting at the time.