PDA

View Full Version : What are your symptoms?

av1988
05-07-2015, 10:59 AM
This is a thread that I think will help. It's always nice to hear that folks share similar symptoms so they know they aren't alone.

What are the symptoms of your beginning stages of anxiety or depression? I never had depression, but I did have severe anxiety. My panic attacks started with the felling of having a lump in my throat. That triggered complete panic and I began breathing heavily. My mind was racing so much that I became dizzy and scared. I was also very tired.

Who was in this boat?

Mr Jingles
05-08-2015, 02:04 AM
For me, beginning anxiety: inability to think, but belief that I must think, muscle soreness especially in quads. Heart pounding strong. After exhausted, tired, and if really felt like I got swept away, feel depressed about the anxiety. And then depressed about the future.

Worst symptom I had, but better now: insomnia. That really made me feel out of control, and it led to a cycle of being tired, then easier to go into bad space, then not tired...

Jessicaleanne1992
05-08-2015, 02:21 AM
For me, beginning anxiety: inability to think, but belief that I must think, muscle soreness especially in quads. Heart pounding strong. After exhausted, tired, and if really felt like I got swept away, feel depressed about the anxiety. And then depressed about the future.

Worst symptom I had, but better now: insomnia. That really made me feel out of control, and it led to a cycle of being tired, then easier to go into bad space, then not tired...

Insomnia is starting to get me too.

av1988
05-08-2015, 08:36 AM

How much physical activity are you doing per day? Are you participating in any fun activities regularly?

drac16
05-08-2015, 05:58 PM
Feeling uncomfortable in crowded places, general irritability, an intense dislike for loud noises and/or excessive talking, feeling as if the room I'm in is getting smaller and the fear that others gossip about me all the time (even people whom I don't even know).

Mr Jingles
05-12-2015, 07:24 AM
@av1988: I'm doing well on exercise, doing regular cardio and strength, and I enjoy it consistently. When I had the insomnia, I still enjoyed exercise most days, but my energy level lagged. As far as fun activities, that's harder. Some days I really enjoy things, people. Other days being around people can be harder, even start panic attacks. And I've found that lack of concentration often makes enjoyment difficult. So lately I've tried to enjoy as I can, and accept when I can't so well.

mrslizzyg
05-12-2015, 02:02 PM
When I start to have an anxiety attack.. My thoughts just start to get all jumbled, like I cannot figure out how to think straight and sort out whatever issue is in front of me. Then I start to panic, that's where all the negative/worst scenario thoughts start to flood in...

Adorasaurus
05-12-2015, 04:09 PM
Well my first symptom of my panic attacks is this tight, sort of cold feeling in the centre of my chest. It sort of hurts.
Then my legs get restless and I start shaking. A little bit after that I start sweating and then I start breathing heavily and tensing all of my muscles thanks to our little friend adrenaline. My teeth start clenching without me realising and then I get hot flushes. My vision goes fuzzy and the world sort of flashes around me.
Everything becomes sort of muffled and slow. I start thinking really negatively and wondering if everyone can see this happening.
By that point it's a full blown panic attack. The shaking varies from mild trembling to full body tremors and convulsing.

My panic attacks usually last for about half an hour to an hour. Afterwards I feel really drained and my body hurts from tensing.

sae
05-12-2015, 08:41 PM
If I told you you would laugh. I think it's pretty odd and a little funny too. When panic starts I get ass tingles. I swear I'm not making this up. Asked a doctor one time. She just laughed and said it's likely a reaction to adrenaline surge.
My first indicator of depression is when I start to whimper a little at stuff. I despise losing things. Unfortunately my short term memory hasn't quite fully recovered yet so losing things or forgetting things, or doing things in multiples is an inevitability. When this happens more often that usual that's generally about the time I start whimpering. Maybe there is a link there.