PDA

View Full Version : Struggling for a while

jkimb
04-23-2015, 06:10 PM
I am a hypochondriac and currently believe that I am suffering from a severe and deadly disease. I have been this way since I was a kid. The part that keeps getting me is that the time period for what I fear will be demise has elapsed; but because of few very isolated cases in history have surpassed this timespan I still believe I am suffering. This trigger occurred in September, but I explain to myself that it is unreasonable to believe that I can be sick with this disease and I feel I have exhausted talking with family and the couple friends that have an idea of my struggles. I don't want to burden them too much and cause them to distance themselves.

Worst part is lately I have been feeling strange symptoms that are unusual to me, I am confident that they are allergies but I can't shake the fear. My fears peaked about 4 months ago and I was going through severe panic attacks daily, sometimes multiple times per day. At this point I feel as if I have accepted my fate and I am just living and waiting. It's sad; when I manage to have a grip for a few days I will get either heart papilations or it will feel as if my heart has stopped beating momentarily. My anxiety just can't accept even a moment's defeat it seems.

If anyone has input, constructive or sharing similar stories it would be appreciated.

gadguy
04-24-2015, 09:28 AM
I am a hypochondriac and currently believe that I am suffering from a severe and deadly disease. I have been this way since I was a kid. The part that keeps getting me is that the time period for what I fear will be demise has elapsed; but because of few very isolated cases in history have surpassed this timespan I still believe I am suffering. This trigger occurred in September, but I explain to myself that it is unreasonable to believe that I can be sick with this disease and I feel I have exhausted talking with family and the couple friends that have an idea of my struggles. I don't want to burden them too much and cause them to distance themselves.

Worst part is lately I have been feeling strange symptoms that are unusual to me, I am confident that they are allergies but I can't shake the fear. My fears peaked about 4 months ago and I was going through severe panic attacks daily, sometimes multiple times per day. At this point I feel as if I have accepted my fate and I am just living and waiting. It's sad; when I manage to have a grip for a few days I will get either heart papilations or it will feel as if my heart has stopped beating momentarily. My anxiety just can't accept even a moment's defeat it seems.

If anyone has input, constructive or sharing similar stories it would be appreciated.

Sorry no real experience with hypochondria.....You did not say you have been to to DR. Assuming you have not, do think you would be able to except a medical diagnoses and let go of this fear? Probably to simple of an idea to work. What you really have to do is find out what made you believe this and face it.

Best wishes and good health to you.

Goomba
04-24-2015, 01:30 PM
This thread touches on my experiences with hypochondria. It is pretty detailed, though definitely does not cover all of it. It may help.

http://anxietyforum.net/forum/showthread.php?30789-My-Hypochondria-Was-The-Best-Thing-To-Ever-Happen-To-Me

Feel free to respond on that thread, if you wish. My goal in writing it was to start something where those who have hypochondria can share their experiences, in hopes of creating a tool for healing.