PDA

View Full Version : Need help :/ I'm getting sick of this

HelpMePlease56564
03-29-2015, 05:53 PM
I'm not sure what issue I have but I figure it might be anxiety?

I'm in a StarFleet roleplaying fleet where we have a rank structure.
Without going into too much detail I want to have positions in the fleet so I can earn promotions hopefully to the rank of Captain and above.

My problem is that when I was given a position of XO of a department. I was told for about a minute or two what to do and then just said to get on with it. The issue is that I didn't really know how to start it and so I panicked and said I had some school work to do and he dropped me as XO.

I've been offered a position of a department which will grant me the rank of Lieutenant Junior Grade but I'm apprehensive of doing it but I want to further my career in this fleet and not be a Ensign forever.

When I think about the position even though there isn't too much to do, only a report once a month and a few meetings I start getting very anxious, panic and freak out in my head a little. I start getting anxious if I think about me getting a position and I'm sick of it. I wish I had zero emotional issues and I could further my career very quickly by getting lots of positions and promotions although that's not the case.

What can I do to help ease my worries/fears perhaps about responsibility?