PDA

View Full Version : This Guy contacted my Email saying he was trapped in The Philippines and needed HELP.

1Bluerose68
03-14-2015, 11:56 AM
So he gives me his info about his situation. This was a total stranger, by the way???So he wrote twice. The second time he gave me his address of where to Western Direct Cash to him? But his 1st story said he lost his wallet while traveling abroad and needs to fly back home to the USA? Oh, and he says he got my email from this Home Care agency that I applied to a few yrs ago. But that was supposed to be totally confidential. I felt scared as I felt like he had my personal email info from the agency where I applied last year as Home Care. But how he got the info that i applied there and my Professional email address I only use for business, i don't have a clue.I contacted the US Embassy where he alleged he is stuck in a hotel in Philipines and has lost his wallet and cannot leave as the staff is keeping him against his will there until he comes up w/ like $1957.00. I also emailed back info on the US Embassy to the email address he was using to contact me. So if it was really a cry for Help then he should be talking to them and NOT a complete stranger, whose identity info he is NOT even supposed to have access to. Right? I know it probly was identity theft intended Fraud, but I only provided referrals NOT cash. I dont even know where i would find a Western Cash place to send him money.

Chauntecler
03-14-2015, 12:33 PM
These types of email scams are common; just ignore them.

They come in all shapes and sizes, so-to-speak.

Adi RootZ
05-12-2015, 12:47 AM
Never trust anything like that..like why would he contact a stranger for help through email

MiST
07-20-2015, 03:54 PM
Classic! I like the nigerian prince one the best..

Dahila
07-20-2015, 07:15 PM
Classic! I like the nigerian prince one the best..

So do I;))

unknownme
10-04-2015, 01:50 PM
Oh no! Help him!

Those e-mails are scams, don't trust

MiST
10-04-2015, 02:02 PM
I have a chicken addiction..

Davit
10-04-2015, 02:30 PM
Yahoo and Facebook leak bad. I don't use either. A friend of mine sent me a thank you card, all she had was my Email address. I would bet it works the other way round.

MiST
10-04-2015, 03:09 PM
I need moneyz to feed my chicken addiction..

Davit
10-04-2015, 03:14 PM
Do you eat them or raise them lol. Got to have a better reason if you want money. Vegans won't help you. Start a chicken rescue.