PDA

View Full Version : Who has tried almost every SSRI

BrookeLynnnn
03-07-2015, 08:46 PM
So for those of you who know me, you know I was on Paxil before pregnancy..

Well I use to never drink alcohol because it gave my anxiety.. I got on paxil & started drinking a lot. My drinking is how I ended up pregnant. Anyways, I'm 5 months pregnant now & I've been off the paxil obviously, but my anxiety is something that I fight everyday.

I'm going on meds once I give birth. But I don't know which med would be best. I don't want to do paxil again because I don't want to become the same person I was. I'm gonna have a son & I'm going to be there for him 100% & I'm going to do it SOBER. So I need a med that will take my anxiety away but not make it to where I don't care about what I do, like on Paxil.

What would you guys recommend?

FrederickMorone
03-07-2015, 10:28 PM
Try something like Effexor instead.

BrookeLynnnn
03-07-2015, 11:18 PM
Try something like Effexor instead.

Oh good, I haven't tried that yet! I'll keep that one in mind once baby is here :) thank you!

Ponder
03-08-2015, 12:38 AM
Sure - I've tried them all!

But my answer is of no help, because the truth is - it's just plain stupidity to base picking medication like so - it's the equivalent of picking from a lolly jar. For the sake of your son, try a little more will power and give yourself more credit. Make a more informed decision as opposed to basing your choice from the advice of someone who's got the largest pallet.

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x30/davekyn/Jelly_Bean_Jive_Hamper_zpsgl0cs1cf.jpg

Choosing medication like this is irresponsible. Such amounts to the experience of online users who've tried them all!

BrookeLynnnn
03-08-2015, 11:12 AM
Sure - I've tried them all!
But my answer is of no help, because the truth is - it's just plain stupidity to base picking medication like so - it's the equivalent of picking from a lolly jar. For the sake of your son, try a little more will power and give yourself more credit. Make a more informed decision as opposed to basing your choice from the advice of someone who's got the largest pallet.

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x30/davekyn/Jelly_Bean_Jive_Hamper_zpsgl0cs1cf.jpg

Choosing medication like this is irresponsible. Such amounts to the experience of online users who've tried them all!

Well thank you anyways! Lol I wasn't gonna take advice & hop on that exact pill.. I Write down the meds I've heard good things about, go to my dr or phsychiatrist & they choose the one that best fits my situation..