PDA

View Full Version : Still having symptoms - Urgent!

Aleasha
03-01-2015, 09:52 AM
It's been almost 24 hours since I had a HUGE fight with my mother and I am still feeling symptoms. I'm shaking inside, my heart is racing, I feel very anxious, I'm producing tons of stomach acid, and am vomiting. How do I make this stop? I feel like I'm going to die. The stress is gone, but my body still feels very stressed. I don't get it. I've never experienced physical symptoms for so long before. Please help!

NixonRulz
03-01-2015, 04:47 PM
It's been almost 24 hours since I had a HUGE fight with my mother and I am still feeling symptoms. I'm shaking inside, my heart is racing, I feel very anxious, I'm producing tons of stomach acid, and am vomiting. How do I make this stop? I feel like I'm going to die. The stress is gone, but my body still feels very stressed. I don't get it. I've never experienced physical symptoms for so long before. Please help!

Hi, Aleasha. I just came in for the first time today and saw no one responded to you

Hopefully you feel better by now

Do you have a benzo that you take when you feel really high anxiety?

What is/was happening is pretty normal. Often, even after what you perceive as the stress as ceased, the symptoms stay for an extended period of time.

Don't be concerned about the length of time your symptoms stay. Once you believe that they should have gone, you get more anxious because they haven't and it makes the symptoms last even longer

Anxiety blows.

I hope you are well.

winnwinn
03-01-2015, 07:48 PM
You are in misery, I know. I am the same way, unfortunately the anxiety symptoms can last for DAYS with me. I don't get it either but it is just how it is. I do not mean to butt in but could the reason you are feeling so bad be that you and your mother need to make up? I know when I fight with people I care about I always feel horrible and nothing is better until I set things right. I would try talking to your mom again minus the fighting. It just might give you some kind of relief.

HUGS & Good Luck!

Aleasha
03-02-2015, 09:58 AM
I take Hydroxyzine as an “emergency” pill. I’m so glad to hear what I was feeling is normal. I was so stressed the day before that I couldn’t eat for two days! Thank you so much for helping me. My symptoms have gone and I am able to eat again, but I never eat much (never hit 1,000 calories). I am feeling much better today.

Yesterday and the day before were horrible. I am so sorry to hear that other people go through this. I’ve suffered with anxiety for so long and am just beginning to understand it. My mother and I made up yesterday, but the symptoms were still there and lasted until before I went to bed. Anytime I have a verbal argument with somebody that gets really heated, I get this crazy rush of adrenaline and because I never want to hurt somebody, I walk away and spend hours just shaking. My mom and I are back to normal. It has given me a lot of relief, but I’m still kind of having to force myself to eat. Thank you guys so much!