PDA

View Full Version : Mental exhaustion at the end of each week. Any thoughts?

StickThrough
02-28-2015, 07:35 AM
Hey,

Just a quick question, does anxiety cause mental exhaustion? Every Saturday after i get up i feel like my mind just clogs up and I'm left completely unable to think and in a daze.
My anxiety seems to die down but I'm left in this completely zombified state. and it's actually become almost like a routine where on Monday I'm feeling alright and by Friday my anxiety has just sky rocketed, then on the weekends i get the same old zombified feeling where I can't think to save my life, however on the upside, my anxiety feels slightly lifted.

Any opinions or advice will be appreciated. Feel free to ask any questions. Thanks.

Im-Suffering
02-28-2015, 07:56 AM
Just a quick question, does anxiety cause mental exhaustion?

Good first post, for many people, take note of the answer :

No, you mentally drain yourself, and the result is anxiety - like symptoms.

Anxiety does not have the power to do anything to you, against your will. Said like that, it seems foolish to think any other way. Don't blame anxiety for your problems, blame your unresolved problems on yourself, fix them, and watch as the anxiety goes away with their release from your life.

What do you do, period. Or - (for work), mon-fri. That is your answer. But you knew that. The 'zombified state' (as you term it) is symbolic of the numbness as you come down from the stress. The mind is somewhat rejuvenated by Monday, but just enough to function. Not enough time to fully stabilize so this residue continues week after week. Like rollover phone minutes, for example.

An extended, loooonnnngggg weekend (break in the stress) would do just fine.

When you are out and about in the world, doing your thing, mon-fri. often its on their terms you see. When to be productive, your expected to act a certain way, between 9-5 even if those hours are not conducive to energy and productivity according to your own internal time clock (akin to the seasons, the natural ebb and flow). And so you burn out -. In all cases you must do whats best for self, whats needed, to refuel. A car on empty would eventually stall. And so I know you will eventually gas up. When you make the decisions needed for the changes you have been thinking about.

Everyone has some difficult decisions to make, and in that regard, everyone has some degree of anxiety (a natural response), you see. The anxiety lifts proportionate to the ability to resolve these mental issues correctly (in the selfs best interest, or highest regard). Changing the physical experience. In all cases the inner vibrations match the beliefs and show up (attract) - as your life events. So it is the inside world that must change, first, the archetype for your physical outer life.

Want change, that's the first step, to believe it possible. If you don't believe it first attainable, you wont even consider any constructive decisions.

Take care

StickThrough
02-28-2015, 11:44 AM
thanks for replying :).

I'm at school from Mon-Fri.

The most distressing symptom I have is not being able to speak properly. When I'm anxious I have huge problems with concentration and I'm not able to recall anything. I either cn't come up with something relevant to say and even when I do I mess up my speech when I say it because I panic. I know this is a result of my anxiety because in the past I have been able to let loose when the anxiety temporarily subsided and it was all smooth sailing for me. But it randomly just comes on and when it does, because of the nature of it, I have no idea how to deal with it and it ends up causing me more anxiety. The logical thing to do would be to practice talking to people which i have been doing a lot of recently, but its the messing up that causes the anxiety in the first place. I expect to mess up which causes the anticipatory anxiety and then when I can't get the words out its even worse. I just really want to learn how to recreate the relaxing circumstances but they literally only come when i forget i have anxiety and just start talking. But when it's been in your life for so long its kind of hard to just neglect it and pretend its not there.

Is there any advice you could give regarding how I could handle these prolonged anxiety attacks (I think you could call them that) or what steps i should take to reduce my anxiety in the long term.

Edit: When i say i mess up my speech it just involves me going into fight or flight mode and a combination of me not being able to recall the right words to use or the right phrases and my mind just going blank and me saying something that doesn't make sense, just so you understand what i mean.

Im-Suffering
02-28-2015, 12:35 PM
I will answer you, but the work to do is your own. Indeed it will take some work, sorting out your emotions, and clearing some baggage. Rearranging the furniture in your mind, so to speak.

thanks for replying :).

I'm at school from Mon-Fri.

The most distressing symptom I have is not being able to speak properly. When I'm anxious I have huge problems with concentration and I'm not able to recall anything. I either cn't come up with something relevant to say and even when I do I mess up my speech when I say it because I panic. I know this is a result of my anxiety because in the past I have been able to let loose when the anxiety temporarily subsided and it was all smooth sailing for me. But it randomly just comes on and when it does, because of the nature of it, I have no idea how to deal with it and it ends up causing me more anxiety. The logical thing to do would be to practice talking to people which i have been doing a lot of recently, but its the messing up that causes the anxiety in the first place. I expect to mess up which causes the anticipatory anxiety and then when I can't get the words out its even worse. I just really want to learn how to recreate the relaxing circumstances but they literally only come when i forget i have anxiety and just start talking. But when it's been in your life for so long its kind of hard to just neglect it and pretend its not there.

Is there any advice you could give regarding how I could handle these prolonged anxiety attacks (I think you could call them that) or what steps i should take to reduce my anxiety in the long term.

Edit: When i say i mess up my speech it just involves me going into fight or flight mode and a combination of me not being able to recall the right words to use or the right phrases and my mind just going blank and me saying something that doesn't make sense, just so you understand what i mean.

If it is not a physical problem, or disability, then it is the result of a fear. And a specific one. The process seems so swift, and smooth, you cannot separate or examine each individually because they seem to happen at once (what came first the chicken or the egg, anxiety or the speech issue). The anticipatory stress is a precursor when you are aware ahead of time, say a class experiment or lecture when maybe you will be center stage.

The fear is most likely an old one, way before school triggered the symptoms. You may have felt nervous and shaky as a child, or talked down to, belittled, or criticized, nothing you could do or say for example, was good enough. Stripping away (chipping away at) confidence and esteem in those early years.

At the heart of any non physical speech impediment is usually the fear of criticism. Round and round we go with this, like a circle of fear >anxiety > worry > doubts > indecision > anxiety > fear > and so forth. The order changes, you see, and thus it is bound together by confusion. If you are confused, you cannot decide on any action, reinforcing the impediment.

At any rate - it is most likely criticism which ultimately controls your speech, in both tone, vocabulary, poise, and 'forgetfulness'. When you don't worry so much, and inhibitions are let loose, you return to the natural, uncritical flow of thought and words. Those that 'stutter' are often of the same beliefs.

The work is inside you, I cannot do it for you. And only you can trace the steps backward to pinpoint why and where this conditioning comes from, and resolve to heal that. By removing the (false) beliefs about who you are, that are behind the fear of criticism you have freedom of speech.

StickThrough
02-28-2015, 01:25 PM
Before I carry on I'd just like to give you a massive thanks for taking your time to help me out, I really appreciate it. I'm too scared to go to the doctors about it and Despite my friends being understanding, theres no proper advice they can give me that i don't already know.

Yeah you're definitely right about that. This only started a few years ago, up until then I was loving life. Whenever i came in i felt this strong sense of dread because of certain people and over the years it just got instilled in me to the point i was scared to speak my mind. Sounds a bit stupid but that's how it happened.

I think that I have more or less identified the root causes but it just all seems a bit ambiguous. No matter how much i try to convince myself that some of these "beliefs" aren't valid I still manage to go back to them and let it all consume me. When I'm experiencing these bouts of strong anxiety I have absolutely no control over them. I pinpoint why I'm feeling that way but my brain just doesn't respond.
I find it very hard to approach people even in spite of these new mindsets that i try to adopt. They're just not strong enough. Whenever I feel I'm making progress everything just falls apart and it feels like I go back to square one where i started. What do you suggest I do if i fall back into the trap and cannot think straight and rationally?

Im-Suffering
02-28-2015, 01:49 PM
Before I carry on I'd just like to give you a massive thanks for taking your time to help me out, I really appreciate it. I'm too scared to go to the doctors about it and Despite my friends being understanding, theres no proper advice they can give me that i don't already know.

Yeah you're definitely right about that. This only started a few years ago, up until then I was loving life. Whenever i came in i felt this strong sense of dread because of certain people and over the years it just got instilled in me to the point i was scared to speak my mind. Sounds a bit stupid but that's how it happened.

I think that I have more or less identified the root causes but it just all seems a bit ambiguous. No matter how much i try to convince myself that some of these "beliefs" aren't valid I still manage to go back to them and let it all consume me. When I'm experiencing these bouts of strong anxiety I have absolutely no control over them. I pinpoint why I'm feeling that way but my brain just doesn't respond.
I find it very hard to approach people even in spite of these new mindsets that i try to adopt. They're just not strong enough. Whenever I feel I'm making progress everything just falls apart and it feels like I go back to square one where i started. What do you suggest I do if i fall back into the trap and cannot think straight and rationally?

You don't convince or reason with emotions (beliefs). Beliefs are your vibration, attracting unto you corroborating experience, despite of, and truly in spite of any earnest effort to intellectualize them. In fact that solidifies them even firmer. You cant tackle energy (vibrations) with words, you see, however smart they may sound.

Beliefs can be changed in a number of ways,

By the trauma of a sudden massive shock to the psyche with sufficient power to overthrow the current system in a swift decisive turn. Illness, death of a loved one, your death, any shock. (Love can do this as well).

By the digging into the psyche for the memories that planted the false beliefs into the ego and the understanding from an adult perspective how the beliefs are simply untrue. False perception and judgement by the child in you.

By allowing the emotion to peak during an attack, and speak to you its fears, exactly at the time you feel you become 'uncontrollable' will be the point of peak, allowing an emotional outburst and release of the energies pent up followed by an epiphany and a change of beliefs. The psychic energies dissipated.

By picturing in the mind a rearranging of furniture where each belief is replaced with another more beneficial one (seen as furniture), a new room, and a new outlook, doing this intentionally, and daily for 10-15 minutes. Using the imagination.

By the forced repetition of acts of courage in direct contrast to the belief. But the belief (of the ego) must not be destroyed so to speak, but replaced. If its not replaced the ego becomes fearful and a less desirable, 'haphazard' belief will spring up to take its place. You must have beliefs, you see.

CBT is the conventional method and can be studied.

Any of these and more in many books you can purchase. However it needs to be said, one must enter this with commitment, goals, perseverance, and determination to decide to change. Nothing short of this work, and it is work, will do. Many are fearful to enter the landscape of beliefs fearing demons and attacks by monsters of their own making - facing the fear. And so while some may enter the cave, not all come out. Rather come out 'healed'.

Using the imagination is your greatest ally and tool, picturing self daily as you wish to become as if you are already in that space. For 15 minutes. You must remember you have been doing this unconsciously for your whole life, only picturing the opposite. This is how you create your life, by your expectations, desire, and imagination. You then offer a vibration which always matches you up with the appropriate experience. Good or 'bad' in those terms.

Best wishes. Buy some materials to start, and decide to do it. Then do not retreat until its finished with.

Yes one last mention about the doctors, now im not advocating for or against going, but it could alleviate some of the fear in itself. The refusal to go is a 'psychic' obstruction you see. If you were driving and met with a downed tree, you would need to move it to progress, period. Now, going to the doctors is on your mind and therefor part of the vibration, attraction, and so you must release that energy. After you return home, you see, clear of any dire diagnosis, that would be the release needed. You may not be able to accomplish that release any other way, It would just suppress and fester, eventually blowing its stack. You cannot hold down or contain energy. It must 'circulate' its containment is the downfall of the individual as he or she becomes sick in the body, which is the expression physically of psychic suppressed energies.

So it may be a good decision to go and get checked at least once. Keep an open mind if you can, because you don't want to run into your fears, in the form of a doctor, you understand? He would then be a projection of your trapped energies. You get what you expect.

Take care

1Bluerose68
02-28-2015, 03:16 PM
Yes, yes, yes.....I share the feeling. I finally got back to working almost f/t and by the end of the week, every week, I crash and burn and wish i never had to wake up and get out of bed. Then my tummy rumbles and i have low blood sugar so if I dont eat i could go into a coma and NEVER awaken, like sleeping beauty. So I make myself stumble out of bed on Sat morning when our lousy gardener usually comes over and rings the doorbell a few too many times, until i had to put a big sign up telling people to, "Only ring doorbell 1x." Anyhow, he hasn't been very reliable lately, not sure what the heck his problem is besides laziness???But he's supposed to cut the lawn about every 2 weeks and pull weeds. I even buy him really nice hiking shoes, on sale of course, so he doesn't stub his toes while gardening in our yard. Well I suspect he went and took BART and had the nerve to return them and p/u fancy sunglasses instead. He's my brothers friend, otherwise I'm about to give up on him and have our alternate gardening team of Alex and Jenn Take over where this fool is lagging. I hope he gets his act together. I even put together a resume online for him. But he has to want to work. And unfortunately he has more of a desire to sleep in a tent at night than to work the night shift and upgrade the quality of his life. He could purchase a lil truck and go and garden for people too, and if it was like a U-Haul truck then he would have a new mobile home? I worry too much about the wrong things. Things I am powerless over, and it really upsets me too.....!!!

1Bluerose68
02-28-2015, 03:24 PM
I know the root of my recent stressors. I am the New Leader and Responsible person here at home and mostly all alone. There are so many things to do around here, and I worry a lot about these things. Then actually doing all the chores, plus the red tape stufff annually like taxes and insurance makes it all even worse for mine too.

1Bluerose68
02-28-2015, 03:26 PM
I have begun to take an Aspirin w/ caffeine every morning and noon. This added to my daily anti-D and my Diet supplament is helping w/ my needed daily energy to work M-F schedule. Like that saying goes, "An aspirin a day keeps the doctor away." Well it's kind of like that for me taking the aspirin with caffeine in it every morning. Its lower in sodium than doing the Alka Selzer w/ caffeine route.

danielhermanson
03-01-2015, 02:01 AM
Hi,

You should know that anxiety is naturally tiring. Anxiety can essentially cause both low and high levels of fatigue, and leave you feeling incredibly drained. Some people simply feel tired throughout the day. Others feel tired only after an attack. Still others feel extreme fatigue, often finding they need to nap hours upon hours extra or feeling as though they can't focus on life because of their tiredness.

Feeling tired is a natural body reaction, and one that can often be caused by stress and anxiety.

Stopping tiredness is difficult because it's your body's way of resting when it feels it needs to rest. Coffee would be one way, but ideally you don’t want to drink coffee because coffee can make anxiety symptoms worse.

Fighting your tiredness can actually be valuable. In a way, you don't want your body to get used to the idea of being tired. If you go home and taken naps or rest when you're tired, then your body is essentially going to get used to the idea that you're okay resting whenever anxiety makes you tired, and you'll be more prone to feeling tired later.

Tiredness is much easier to prevent than it is to stop. That's why you need to take steps to start controlling your anxiety better. The less intense your anxiety is, the less tired you should feel.

I hope this helps,

Take care!

StickThrough
03-01-2015, 05:59 AM
Thanks for all the feedback guys, I appreciate it.

This foggy, brain dead feeling that i get seems to set in the exact same way every weekend, or half term holiday break. I'll wake up feeling fairly anxious but relatively mentally clear. Then I walk downstairs, like for example today I went down, ate a banana and as soon as i started preparing other food it hit me. My mind now feels extremely clouded and I'm in that exact vegetable state that I spoke of before.

I used to panic and think it was some food sensitivity but looking back at my life I've never had any of those. Regardless, my diets all cleared up (I did that as one of the steps to control my anxiety) yet these cloudy episodes still happen, so I've concluded its not that. I got a blood test last year too because of this sensation and it came back all clear and I've decided to just stop stressing over it all and stop being such a hypochondriac.

Is it possible that my anxiety is causing these onsets? Also, I can't tell whether this is me being mentally tired or just clogged up. I need to figure this out because its one of the things causing me my anxiety. When i feel like this i have huge problems with recalling information, words and anything like that. My short term memory suffers and so does my working memory.
When this feeling passes i find that the effects basically get reversed and I can once again think clearly. The thing thats bothering me is the lack of understanding i have as to why it occurs.

I think it might just be anxiety because i can't remember this ever happening in the past. I'd wake up and be fine. Maybe its because i'm expecting it all to happen and this triggers it.

If anyone has any ideas or suggestions as to what could be causing me to go into this vegetative state I'd highly appreciate if you could share them. Thanks.

Edit: I have been keeping a diary and it seems to work almost like clockwork. I've made quite a few notes of myself going downstairs to start my day and the brain fog kicking in full pelt. I'm so confused as to why it happens. I don't think it has much to do with what I eat because it happens regardless. Do you think it may be a lack of hydration? Blood sugar? Enlighten me please because I have nothing. Thanks in advance.