PDA

View Full Version : L-Theanine for anxiety

Luisito
08-05-2008, 10:06 PM
Anybody knows something about the use of L-Theanine for anxiety?

Thanks

fernandogress
07-27-2009, 02:51 AM
Stress, anxiety and “busy brain,” have become standard in our daily existence. Yet chronic stress and anxiety can lower your immune system diminish your quality of life and even lead to depression. L-theanine might be the solution.Just Started Works Well!! In case you read my reviews this still works very well. I have been taking it for over a week now. I have really noticed a big diffrence in my social anxiety. It really has improved drastically. I feel for speeches I still would need the Inderal on occasion, but if you are not interested in anti-depressants, the L-Theanine.

BurntButNotToasted
04-16-2010, 08:00 AM
Luisito: It's a componant of Green Tea (even though this tea has a moderate (18mg) amount of caffine, the Theanine counteracts/ or potentiates the calming effect). It calms me, but if you are on any benzo-type meds, they can mask its effects. As a suppliment, I also recomend it as an alternative to pharmacuticals. In dealing with anxiety for 7 years, I've used it off & on, but it can be costly.

Luisito
04-28-2010, 10:00 AM
Thanks for the response. I have tried L-Theanine , it calms me down but for some reason it made me depressed after a couple of days. Dunno if it is a good option for me