PDA

View Full Version : Severe eye strain or anxiety?

Skizo
01-20-2015, 09:55 AM
It looks like I have a severe eye strain and it is not going away! My eyes started hurting and my head got really tense after a day of playing computer games... I still feel weird 3 days later, I have slight dizziness, difficulty concentrating, and my head feels warm and really tense...
I get this tension every time I play computer games for a long time.... so I am guessing now if these symptoms seem to be caused by eye strain or rather something else like anxiety? I mean shouldn't sleep make the eye strain better??

jessed03
01-20-2015, 09:58 AM
Put a spoon in the fridge for like 20 minutes, then place it on your eye. If you feel the cold spoon release a lot of tension in your eye, you probably have eye strain.

In all honesty though, it's probably a combo of both eye strain and anxiety. Anxiety fucks up your nerves, of which your eyes have lots of.

Skizo
01-20-2015, 12:54 PM
Well it seems like my eyes start hurting even after like 20 minutes of computer... I will try to make a computer free day tomorrow and see how it goes :( I feel like I effed up by eyes for good now.

smartscrutiny
01-20-2015, 01:50 PM
It looks like I have a severe eye strain and it is not going away! My eyes started hurting and my head got really tense after a day of playing computer games... I still feel weird 3 days later, I have slight dizziness, difficulty concentrating, and my head feels warm and really tense...
I get this tension every time I play computer games for a long time.... so I am guessing now if these symptoms seem to be caused by eye strain or rather something else like anxiety? I mean shouldn't sleep make the eye strain better??

Any chance you just started a new medication? There are lots of drugs (particularly anti-depressants and anti-anxieties) that can affect vision.

Skizo
01-21-2015, 12:16 PM
Any chance you just started a new medication? There are lots of drugs (particularly anti-depressants and anti-anxieties) that can affect vision.

im taking omeprazole...

Anyway I feel a little bit better, far from normal tho, I try to limit my computer time to a few hours a day maximum for a while.

1Bluerose68
01-22-2015, 05:04 PM
yes, I was straining my eyes the other day so much that I discabubulated my glasses and the lens fell out from twisting the metal frame in order to correct my strained vision. Then I had to waste time bringing in glasses, luckily I had a stress therapy session that day, so it wasn't out of my way really. But when I wore my other pair today I noticed they are still not quite right on the rx of what the frame and rx should be. Nose pads stink in achieving perfect vision, for me. If they are just a tad off in the frame or nose pads it ruins my quality of vision and that leads to eye strain and headaches for me.