PDA

View Full Version : brain injury and anxiety

fitness2477
01-10-2015, 05:59 AM
I've had brain injury and lived fine for about 10 years but after I began focusing on the challenges after a diagnostic scan was done it made the problem into a monster.

They say it's part of the effects of brain injury but I tend to obsess on the problem.

I know I shouldn't do it but it's so hard not to do.

Anybody can relate?

Im-Suffering
01-10-2015, 07:51 AM
after I began focusing on the challenges after a diagnostic scan was done it made the problem into a monster.

They say it's part of the effects of brain injury but I tend to obsess on the problem.

I know I shouldn't do it but it's so hard not to do.

Its not that you shouldn't do it (obsess), or that doing it is somehow wrong. And this no one ever told you. You are just obsessing in the wrong direction. The limitations are the result of dwelling on old memories of what was, and not living in the present and taking advantage of what could be.

Keep being you, and doing what you do, for it is fine. Just make one small adjustment. Turn each monster into a fairy by seeing the problems as opportunities, period. You often wondered "why me? why did this happen?" and Im telling you, that you will discover your purpose through accepting and welcoming the new doors ahead that this has opened. Through those doors lies your gifts, waiting for you. Out with the old, in with the new, and keep your expectations at "I will be on the lookout for signs, people, places, things, opportunities as they present themselves, I will see my perceived challenges as not problems, but opportunities to present themselves that would have been otherwise impossible. I will follow my instincts and intuition, and trust that the way toward fulfillment will be opened, just maybe not the direction I had presumed, with blinking lights and fanfare"

Should you have questions about this (doubts, worries, fears, concerns), how to do it, (what is possible) or even what I mean, read the story of Helen Adams Keller and apply her principles to your own life.

I will end it there.

fitness2477
01-10-2015, 05:23 PM
Thanks for your profound reply and I agree we should always try to see the opportunities and positive side of things, IS, but I think the reason why I obsess is because I am doubtful of what might become of the problem when left untreated because I thought I saw negative progression of my symptoms, not because I was ruminating "why me".

I guess it is a health anxiety. But I didn't know if I should get it treated or just leave it as is to let it heal.