PDA

View Full Version : Does chamomile tea have any effect reducing anxiety?

Ambition
12-20-2014, 11:04 AM
I'm thinking of getting some chamomile tea bags because I've heard its soothing and relaxing. Does it help with general anxiety?

PanicCured
12-20-2014, 11:24 AM
I'm thinking of getting some chamomile tea bags because I've heard its soothing and relaxing. Does it help with general anxiety?

Yeah it's awesome! I have written about it a lot.

Take 2 tea bags of organic chamomile tea and pour hot water over them. After about 5-7 minutes take tea bags out and add some organic raw honey. Stir and you got yourself an awesome relaxing beverage. After you drink it you can use those same 2 teabags again and drink a 2nd cup.

It's one of the things I listed in my Techniques I Used to Overcome My Anxiety thread here: http://anxietyforum.net/forum/showthread.php?8633-Techniques-I-Used-to-Overcome-My-Panic-Anxiety-Disorder

Goomba
12-20-2014, 12:27 PM
Yeah. Chamomile and Lavender are really helpful. The above post recommends Honey, which I would agree with for taste. However, if you're sensitive to sugar, or your nerves are really high, you may want hold off on adding that.

PanicCured
12-20-2014, 02:55 PM
Yeah. Chamomile and Lavender are really helpful. The above post recommends Honey, which I would agree with for taste. However, if you're sensitive to sugar, or your nerves are really high, you may want hold off on adding that.

I have never heard of anyone getting anxiety from honey or it affecting their nerves in a negative way. Raw organic honey is very healthy for you. If you are diabetic than that is different. Of course diabetics must limit their sugar.

trinidiva
12-20-2014, 04:20 PM
I use chamomile almost daily and it does seem to have a calming effect.

Robert Tressell
12-24-2014, 01:37 PM
It works for me. Like all herbal remedies I take ( St Johns Wort, Magnesium etc ) they only knock off a small percentage of my anxiety, but a small percentage is worth the price!

ganglia
02-07-2015, 04:04 AM
Not for me....

Dahila
02-07-2015, 07:07 AM
it had never any effect on me :(

Kuma
02-07-2015, 08:46 AM
For me, passion flower tea works better. It is a bit harder to find, but readily available on line. It is not as potent as a sleeping pill or a Xanax, but certainly takes the edge off and helps me fall asleep.

______
I am not a medical professional and nothing I write on this Board constitutes medical advice. All medical issues (including a decision to take any herbal remedy or supplement) should be discussed with a medical professional.

danielhermanson
02-07-2015, 11:08 AM
Traditional healers have long recommended chamomile tea as a simple, healthy (and delicious!) way to relieve anxiety, and current scientific studies support this tea's long-time reputation as a stress reliever and nerve relaxant, showing it to be an effective way to reduce anxiety and depression.

I drink it every day and it help me fight against anxiety, sadness and coldness. It makes me calm and peaceful.

jessed03
02-07-2015, 11:32 AM
There's something very comforting about drinking warm tea. I don't like camomile personally, but I drink others like rooibos and lime flower tea.

raggamuffin
02-07-2015, 01:02 PM
I enjoy it. Don't rely on it as an instrument of calming, but it's an enjoyable drink.

Ed

Dahila
02-07-2015, 04:10 PM
There is always something comforting about drinking any tea, it is different than drinking coffee. When I drink tea, I treat it as a moment of pleasure, and enjoy it:)) I drink (lately) only white tea, Silver needle is my favorite :)no sugar nothing, just tasty and lightly scented teaaaaaaa:))
White tea suppose to calm one too, maybe more than camomile

raggamuffin
02-08-2015, 12:26 AM
Chamomile and honey is a nice combo too. Might be a bit sickly for some people though. I agree, the act of drinking tea is comforting.

Ed