PDA

View Full Version : Alcohol

Kellie
11-14-2014, 10:56 PM
So I am 18 years old and I like to have a drink or two, I am not the type to get absolutely smashed all the time, I just drink as a social thing. The thing is that I find that in the morning after I have had a couple of drinks I am super anxious, I cannot stop thinking about every little thing I said during the night, or I can't stop thinking about my actions, I think everyone is talking about me, I get paranoid, My chest gets tight, I think about every aspect of it.

I think drinking is a no no for me from now on, please tell me if you guys get the same feelings I do or similar.

Thank you (:

gypsylee
11-15-2014, 01:39 AM
Hi Kellie,

Well I was never able to drink in moderation but I can assure you alcohol is no good for anxiety. It doesn't even make me relaxed now when I have it, let alone the next day. If you can go without it do so :)

Bye for now,
Gypsy

Ryker
11-15-2014, 02:37 AM
If you can go without alcohol altogether then do that.

If you can't go without alcohol altogether then you have a problem.

Yours, Teetotal of Nottingham

raggamuffin
11-15-2014, 03:04 AM
Anxiety is always going to be a lot higher after drinking. Alcohol is a toxin to the body and takes a lot out of it. Even a few drinks that don't get you wasted will probably make you feel ropey mentally or physically the next day. Best to avoid it if you can.

Ed

gypsylee
11-15-2014, 04:12 AM
LOL@Teetotal of Nottingham.

I don't know about you guys but in Australia if you don't drink you're a bit of an outcast. Personally I'm used to it but it'd be hard being young and going out with friends without drinking. It's actually a real problem in my opinion - we're pretty much a nation of alcoholics.

Ryker
11-15-2014, 04:40 AM
LOL@Teetotal of Nottingham.

I don't know about you guys but in Australia if you don't drink you're a bit of an outcast. Personally I'm used to it but it'd be hard being young and going out with friends without drinking. It's actually a real problem in my opinion - we're pretty much a nation of alcoholics.

Our problem here is we don't have alcoholics. Well, obviously we do, but nobody would ever admit to it. If one of our politicians owns up to it then they're out on their ear for good. Celebrities never own up to it, and it only ever comes out if they die.

I know many people (my other half is one of them) who can enjoy a drink, never drink too much, and maybe go a week or two even between drinks, and they're very lucky. For the others like me, there was only one available option, quit completely or allow it to kill me.

raggamuffin
11-15-2014, 05:11 AM
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y4/Homicidal_Monkey/collaborationdemotivator.jpg (http://s2.photobucket.com/user/Homicidal_Monkey/media/collaborationdemotivator.jpg.html)

Ed

gypsylee
11-15-2014, 05:17 AM
Ha, very true.

prouddad
11-15-2014, 08:26 AM
I love to drink socially and it is an issue with anxiety. I have never had a "problem" like needing to drink daily or even have to keep an eye on it. But I know of many people who do. Its been about a month since I have had a drink at al because im trying to get my anxiety under control and return to the path of healing again. After that I will probably go back to enjoying the occasional glass or 4 of wine and fine scotch. I know its bad for anxiety as a poison to my system but on the other hand the social interaction is great therapy.

Kellie
11-15-2014, 02:04 PM
I have never really had a problem not drinking because I know what alcohol can do if you depend on it as my dad is an alcoholic. I am from New Zealand and binge drinking is a thing over here, there is a lot of pressure but i think I just have to say no, which doesn't mean not socializing. Thank you guys for your opinions and your personal choices!

gypsylee
11-15-2014, 02:48 PM
Yeah the Kiwis are just like us :) good luck - you'll feel a lot better without it.