PDA

View Full Version : Havibg a panic/anxiety attack right now. Anyone here?

billash
11-11-2014, 06:51 PM
Help.........

billash
11-11-2014, 06:51 PM
Having a panic attack right now help

billash
11-11-2014, 06:54 PM
Why shud I trust u ???
Sorry first message "the trust u" thing was a joke to a friend earlier and I hit "paste"

Confusedpanic
11-11-2014, 07:05 PM
Sit down. Breathe for 10 seconds through using your stomach. So small short breaths in and out your nose for 10 seconds (making sure to use your stomach for the breathing not your chest), hold it, for 3 seconds, and then repeat 5 times.

Let it happen, remind yourself there is nothing bad will happen to you.

billash
11-11-2014, 07:07 PM
Confused panic. Thank u so so much for replying. It's acute nausea and mind racing (catastrophizing) that's the problem. It won't stop. UR rely kind. Thank u

Confusedpanic
11-11-2014, 07:28 PM
I definitely feel you. I had moments similar to that. Thought I was losing it once. Stay near a bathroom if you are nauseous. I'm here for you in spirit. When you are able to visit a doctor, get some bloodwork done to see if you have any deficiencies. I know my vitamin D deficiency is most likely causing my symptoms. But many things an cause anxiety so taking steps to find the source is most needed. See if your doctor can put you on zanax for panic attacks. They take a few weeks to work they say, but it's comforting just to have them.

billash
11-11-2014, 07:34 PM
Thanks so much confusedpanic. I Hav thr xanax and the nausea is kinda always there. I'm just having a really bad time at the moment.
Iv a fear of coming down with flu and today I just felt really weak etc. and I thought I was coming down with something. And it escalated. And then my partner lost all patience and started shouting at me (like I WANT to feel so terrified?!) and now I feel Sooo alone.
Thank u for listening.

billash
11-11-2014, 07:37 PM
PS I'm seeing therapist tomorrow and I know it's a step in right direction. Iv had anxiety disorder for quite some time and apart from that there is so much grim stuff going on in my life so it's extra tough. I just don't know how to Be anymore. I really feel like I'm losing it sometimes.

Confusedpanic
11-11-2014, 08:03 PM
I'm glad you are seeing a therapist tommorow. Any attempt to help yourself is a step in the right direction. It seems like you may need to take a bit of space away from your partner. Be away from them while you are going through these episodes and ride out the symptoms using some breathing techniques and mental reinforcement that it's going to be okay. What helps me is distracting myself when I feel like this is looking at youtube videos. Take a rest. You might have the flu, and on top of all that, it doesn't seem like a good combination. But most people get through the flu, so still reassure yourself that you are going to be okay. Drink some cammomile tea after you have calmed down a bit enough to drink.

billash
11-11-2014, 09:56 PM
Confusedpanic thanks again for ur kind words.
I do hope I'm not getting Anuthing - it's a pure terror. I will rest up. Thanks again. I hope u are doing ok.