PDA

View Full Version : weird chest sensation

dbernie19
11-10-2014, 11:51 PM
Hello all,
New here and had an event a little while ago that im curious about so I joined here to get peoples input. I know I have issues with anxiety but when ever i get this feeling I always think i am gonna die...which is the anxiety in me. I first started with my issues a little over two years ago so at this point I can pretty much talk myself out of an attack fairly quickly. Anyway like a lot of people I get a weird feeling in my chest very randomly cant describe it fully but its like a thud that might make me dizzy(cant really explain the feeling) it only last a split second but usually freaks me out enough to make my heart rate sky rocket and start an attack. From googling ive found alot of people get this same thing so it doesnt freak me out as much. One thing that I didnt see anyone else mention and couldnt find anyone else with it is when mine are really strong(the thud), cause they come in different levels of strenght and noticablilty, my sinuses clear. I couldn't find anywhere if a raise in heart rate could cause this or not but no where did anyone mention this. Has anyone ever experienced this? I pretty much always have a stuffy nose so I know only the strong thuds clear my sinuses but the stonger thuds also cause a stronger reaction from my anxiety. Any ideas?

Ryker
11-11-2014, 01:05 AM
Hi,

The good thing about posting somewhere like this is that you don't have to describe it! That's all very familiar.

It sounds like you're doing a pretty good job of being on top of things. That's brilliant.

I think it's important just to keep remembering that the sensation is the symptom of anxiety and we need to work really hard never to let it be the cause of anxiety. Worrying what it is, or what it means is the number one problem.

I think that you'll be fine.