PDA

View Full Version : Cigarettes and anxiety?

Grimmjow.
10-20-2014, 06:36 PM
I had one last night for the first time in 4 months and now I'm consumed by the whole cancer theory.
I don't even know why I wanted one because now my brains in overdrive thinking I have throat cancer again or I've done something to my brain. Wah !(

Dahila
10-20-2014, 07:49 PM
I quit 6 years ago and I am still worry about the cancer. You are not alone with it. One cig will not cause it though :)

Grimmjow.
10-20-2014, 09:52 PM
I quit 6 years ago and I am still worry about the cancer. You are not alone with it. One cig will not cause it though :)

Thanks that puts my mind at ease a bit, thank god I quit before I had the anxiety I can't even imagine how bad it would be now for me.

Dahila
10-21-2014, 10:13 AM
Grim I was a chain smoker for maybe 35 years (Iam an oldie) I went through Lung CT scan and all the tests, luckily, there is only some damage in the lining but with meds from time to time I can live :)) yOu are young and not smoking you are going to be ok. My anxiety is much more manageable, due quitting :) Try not to stay in room with smoking people.

Exactice
10-21-2014, 03:47 PM
Quit about 2 years ago.... But once in a great while I will have one. Had one couple of weeks ago. I am not going to lie, felt good. NO worries or wonders though. Kinda like eating a cheeseburger. Its probably not good but 1 wont kill me LOL!

Im-Suffering
10-21-2014, 04:41 PM
Quit about 2 years ago.... But once in a great while I will have one. Had one couple of weeks ago. I am not going to lie, felt good. NO worries or wonders though. Kinda like eating a cheeseburger. Its probably not good but 1 wont kill me LOL!

Who can smoke in moderation? That would be a neat trick.

Dahila
10-21-2014, 06:32 PM
No one, if I smoke one I would be back where I was 6 years ago. I would not take a risk. Smoker is always smoker. There are not ex smokers, there are only smokers who do not smoke

Exactice
10-21-2014, 07:03 PM

While I agree, I wouldnt say in moderation. I had one after a drink just because. I dont do it regularly nor do I go out of my way to buy a pack. So I would say it was a random spur of the moment thing!

NixonRulz
10-21-2014, 07:03 PM
I wanna smoke

But I don't cause it's not good for me

Wish it was good for me

Grimmjow.
10-22-2014, 01:39 AM

Ahhhh such comforting words :)