PDA

View Full Version : Tingling in face!!!

MrsJ88
10-16-2014, 12:40 PM
I am getting really scared. The left side of my face has been numb/tingling kind of like when your foot falls asleep and that pins and needles feeling occurs. But it's my face! On and off the last 2 days

MrsJ88
10-16-2014, 12:58 PM
Anyone?? It's making me panicky

Joe.
10-16-2014, 01:00 PM
I presume you've become very anxious about this, this feeds the symptom, and can be the cause of the symptom as well.
Go to the Doctors to relieve any health fears, and then it should go.

Take care

JustaGal
10-16-2014, 01:01 PM
Anyone?? It's making me panicky

Do you have health anxiety? I know that is a symptom of anxiety, the nervous system releasing hormones and doing things to the body.

JustaGal
10-16-2014, 01:04 PM
I am getting really scared. The left side of my face has been numb/tingling kind of like when your foot falls asleep and that pins and needles feeling occurs. But it's my face! On and off the last 2 days

"Anxiety symptoms - Numbness or tingling in the hands, feet, face, head, or any part of the body
You feel pins and needles in your hands and feet, or other parts of your body. Sometimes you get a feeling like a particular area of your body is numb or frozen. Other times you may feel a burning sensation in various parts of the body. These areas may change, or remain at the same spot. Repeated visual inspections show no skin abnormalities."
http://www.anxietycentre.com/anxiety-symptoms/numbness-anxiety-symptom.shtml

MrsJ88
10-16-2014, 06:27 PM
Thanks for the info, everyone.

Yes, I 100% have health anxiety. I've gotten this feeling before but it's only WHEN I'm having an actual panic attack, then the tingling goes away after 20 minutes or less... But I've never had this random tingling on one side of my face for 2 days off and on and absolutely no panic attack.

I'm out of town visiting my grandma for a week and nowhere around her home accepts my insurance... Not even her minor emergency. (I've tried once before while visiting her when I got I thought I had a bladder infection) so I'll have to wait until I'm home next week to go to the doctor. I would hate to go home early and let this ruin my time with her.

JustaGal
10-16-2014, 09:22 PM
Knowing it is anxiety and you are out of your environment may be causing it, let that calm you and enjoy your family : )

Thanks for the info, everyone.

Yes, I 100% have health anxiety. I've gotten this feeling before but it's only WHEN I'm having an actual panic attack, then the tingling goes away after 20 minutes or less... But I've never had this random tingling on one side of my face for 2 days off and on and absolutely no panic attack.

I'm out of town visiting my grandma for a week and nowhere around her home accepts my insurance... Not even her minor emergency. (I've tried once before while visiting her when I got I thought I had a bladder infection) so I'll have to wait until I'm home next week to go to the doctor. I would hate to go home early and let this ruin my time with her.

FrederickMorone
10-17-2014, 05:56 AM
If stress is causing your tingling, nose breathing should help to calm it.

Heather Totten
10-17-2014, 08:30 PM
I believe thats fairly normal. Right before I get panic attacks I g
et that fuzzy falling asleep feeling in my face to

jim79
10-18-2014, 12:06 AM
Hi
Ive had exactly the same numb/tingly feeling on my face about a year and a half ago. Sometimes it was around my cheek area, sometimes around my temples. And mainly on my left side of the face. Ive been having that feeling for a few months before havin my first major panic attack 1.5 year ago. It wasnt a daily phenomenon but it would happen very often. I would even get that in my sleep, which would wake me up in a panic thinking i was having a stroke....

Now i only get that a few times a month and i just ignore it as i dont think its related to anything serious any more. I have eczema/acne and dry skin so it might be something to do with that as well as my anxiety disorder.

I used to do so much googling about it, every time it was happening, and it seems i didnt want to accept it was just my anxiety.

Hope this helps