PDA

View Full Version : How to go about this?

cmk88
10-15-2014, 11:06 AM
With no insurance and it seems its going to take min 3 months to get to see a psychiatrist what can I do for some help until then. Im not a harm to myself or others but Im spiraling down fast and feeling its going to ruin a lot of things in my life. I dont have time to keep waiting around I just dont know what to do..

JustaGal
10-15-2014, 11:28 AM
With no insurance and it seems its going to take min 3 months to get to see a psychiatrist what can I do for some help until then. Im not a harm to myself or others but Im spiraling down fast and feeling its going to ruin a lot of things in my life. I dont have time to keep waiting around I just dont know what to do..

I dont have insurance either, so I went to a low income clinic. Keep calling a therapist until you find one that has a opening. psychiatrist are generally longer to see cause they are booked.

boltsoros
10-15-2014, 06:49 PM
Remember CMK that anxiety is nothing more than your reactions to your thoughts, which aren't realistic. It's so easy to say yet so hard to comprehend and use; I know, because I still struggle even though I know this info. Every time you start to feel anxious, just remember and tell yourself that anxiety is just that........anxiety, and nothing else. It won't hurt you. You are not going crazy........you will be fine. Anxiety is a huge liar that is feeding you all these horrible thoughts about how bad off you are and that you'll never recuperate. It's all a lie. Work on getting in to see a therapist, but until then counteract the negative talk with positive reinforcement and messages.......I will be fine......it's only anxiety.......I am not going crazy......I can manage this.

God Bless