PDA

View Full Version : New Person seeking help/support

klammy
12-09-2005, 01:18 AM
i have "mild" agoraphobia, and am an american stuck in a foreign country (military family), so my anxiety is ten million times worse with the fear of not being able to communicate in an e/r, which already happened and really set me back. I'm getting worse and worse as my safety person is getting ready to leave for an extended time and I don't know what to do. Functioning day to day is getting harder with every passing day. I have 2 young children and am feeling so claustraphobic on top of things I get upset when they crowd me. I FINALLY got a new doc--an american--but don't see him for several more days. The last doc didn't give a damn and washed his hands of me and wouldn't return my calls--so for several months I couldn't even get my nerve pills to calm me down. I have such bad anxiety that I am always SPEEDING and cannot sleep. Bored, but wound up too tight to stay still long enuff to do anything. Good thing I type fast or I would have lost interest in this by now. I feel terribly alone and terrified and as great as my friends are they don't understand how hard it is to get out the door if I do at all. I just was hoping for some support from others that understand this personal hell of my own involuntary home prison situation! (Oh yeah, I'm 32 yrs old!) :shock:

Bridgie
12-09-2005, 07:14 AM
Welcome to the forum Klammy. We're all here for you and understand your pain. :shock:

I hope your new Doctor will be able to help you! Let us know how it goes.

JackieB
12-09-2005, 08:32 AM
Hi Klammy... this is a nice site for support. Welcome, I'm pretty new here too. I recently discovered that what I have has a name... agoraphobia. I think I have a mild case too. I have been doing research recently and I think that diet and minerals have a lot to do with it (at least me, anyway). Until you see your doctor you can get caffine totally out of your life, along with Equal (aspartame), plain old sugar and aged foods like salami, pepperoni, sausage, aged cheeses and leftovers in your refridgerator. Also take a milti vitamin with menerals. Magnesium is a mineral that I read can be very helpful for neuro transmitters to function properly. Also try deep breathing excercises and playing soft music. Hopefully you can find a radio station that plays piano or folk guitar, stuff like that. Rock music or anything with heavy beat will pump you up too much.

Please try to keep your kids close. It's not their fault and they need you to be as attentive as possible. Try some diet varriations and relaxation techniques until you can get to the Doctor for their sake as well as your own.

One relaxation tecqunique that I've found to be very helpful is pinching one of my muscles (the side of me cheek or upper arm works well) for about 10 seconds and then release it. You will feel a calm come over you when you let go.

Try not to focus on the day that your loved one leaves and try to be in "the now". Come back soon and let us know how you're doing!

Jackie

brickyard_red
12-12-2005, 08:17 AM
Hi there Klammy and welcome. I'm so glad you found this forum. I think it will help you alot. There are many here who are afraid to leave their homes, me being one of them, and I'm sure you will find support here and friends. Never be afraid to say what you are feeling or experiencing, we all have felt it before or close to it, I'm sure. You're not alone!!

I, too, am very glad to hear that you are going to be able to see a new Dr. I'll keep my fingers crossed that this one is able to help you and will care about what is going on. Hang in there and know that we are here for you.

Your friend,
Cath :)

scatmantom
12-12-2005, 09:28 AM
welcome new people

hope you get the answers u want

flower29
12-14-2005, 03:41 AM
Welcome to the forum Klammy. We're all here for you and understand your pain. :shock:

I hope your new Doctor will be able to help you! Let us know how it goes.

Hy klammy I think you are really brave joining the military in your condition :wink: