PDA

View Full Version : Going to the Dr

twinsmake5
10-02-2014, 06:47 AM
Well I still haven't gotten my panic attacks under control. My heart has been constantly racing for almost a week now. At least it seems that way. I wake up in a panic. My stomach is in knots. I am getting ready to head out to my GP and hope she can put my mind at ease and help me. I just can't keep doing this day after day.

Enduronman
10-02-2014, 08:18 AM
YAY!!

E-Man :)

Im-Suffering
10-02-2014, 09:04 AM
YAY!!

E-Man :)

That's awful big or it could be my eyes. :confused:

twinsmake5
10-02-2014, 09:05 AM
Well they moved my Celexa up to 40mg and gave me 2mg of valium. I'm kind of scared to take the valium but I also want to feel better. I have taken klonopin and ativan before but never valium.

Im-Suffering
10-02-2014, 09:28 AM
Well they moved my Celexa up to 40mg and gave me 2mg of valium. I'm kind of scared to take the valium but I also want to feel better. I have taken klonopin and ativan before but never valium.

We hope you feel better ! Let us know.

twinsmake5
10-02-2014, 11:47 AM
We hope you feel better ! Let us know.

Well I took the Valium almost three hours ago. I was feeling ok at first. I even slept for a little. Now I just had a major panic attack again and I am all shook up. Please don't tell me this is not going to work. I am starting to feel so hopeless.

JustaGal
10-03-2014, 09:13 AM
Well I took the Valium almost three hours ago. I was feeling ok at first. I even slept for a little. Now I just had a major panic attack again and I am all shook up. Please don't tell me this is not going to work. I am starting to feel so hopeless.

Hi, Glad you went to the doc. I am wondering if you will be doing any therapy? It may not be the ultimate solution, but I believe it may assist you in relieving some of the overwhelming feelings.

twinsmake5
10-03-2014, 11:41 AM
Hi, Glad you went to the doc. I am wondering if you will be doing any therapy? It may not be the ultimate solution, but I believe it may assist you in relieving some of the overwhelming feelings.

Yes, they gave me the name of a psychiatrist to call and make an appointment. I am going to do that. I did call back up the doctor this morning to let them know the 2mg of Valium was not helping but I have yet to hear back. I just called back again and stressed the importance of an answer. I really hope they call me back soon.

JustaGal
10-03-2014, 11:57 AM
Yes, they gave me the name of a psychiatrist to call and make an appointment. I am going to do that. I did call back up the doctor this morning to let them know the 2mg of Valium was not helping but I have yet to hear back. I just called back again and stressed the importance of an answer. I really hope they call me back soon.

I hope you get a good psychiatrist. How are you feeling now?

twinsmake5
10-03-2014, 12:04 PM
I hope you get a good psychiatrist. How are you feeling now?

I feel a little better with the Valium. But as soon as it starts to wear off the panic attacks come back full force. I just want it to stop. I feel so nervous and on edge like I have way too much adrenaline. It just leads to racing thoughts which leads to panic. I just woke up from a nap and woke up in a complete panic.

JustaGal
10-03-2014, 12:17 PM
I feel a little better with the Valium. But as soon as it starts to wear off the panic attacks come back full force. I just want it to stop. I feel so nervous and on edge like I have way too much adrenaline. It just leads to racing thoughts which leads to panic. I just woke up from a nap and woke up in a complete panic.

I HATE the adrenaline rush. I could feel it everyday flooding in the back of my neck. I would wake up at 2 am with rushing adrenaline.
Atavan helped, now I am back on AD and Buspro. I take a chip of a Atavan as needed. I was in your place, now I am a lot better, you will be soon too.

twinsmake5
10-03-2014, 03:49 PM
I HATE the adrenaline rush. I could feel it everyday flooding in the back of my neck. I would wake up at 2 am with rushing adrenaline.
Atavan helped, now I am back on AD and Buspro. I take a chip of a Atavan as needed. I was in your place, now I am a lot better, you will be soon too.

JustaGal, that is what I do! I wake up in the middle of the night with so much adrenaline. How did yours finally stop? I just want all this adrenaline to stop and the panic to stop.

My doctor called back and told me to take two of my 2mg Valium pills three times a day. Of course she only gave me a supply of 10 days worth so its going to barely last me through the weekend. I am hoping she will give me some more come Monday until I can get stabilized again. I really hope that I can get stabilized.

JustaGal
10-03-2014, 04:06 PM
JustaGal, that is what I do! I wake up in the middle of the night with so much adrenaline. How did yours finally stop? I just want all this adrenaline to stop and the panic to stop.

My doctor called back and told me to take two of my 2mg Valium pills three times a day. Of course she only gave me a supply of 10 days worth so its going to barely last me through the weekend. I am hoping she will give me some more come Monday until I can get stabilized again. I really hope that I can get stabilized.

Its freaky! I can feel some a little right now. I took Atavan and Lexapro. It is helping. I stopped taking Lexapro after 12 years this April. 2 months later I felt like all my nerves were freaking out, I was very agitated, panic, I thought I was going to have a breakdown, couldnt relax. I took Atavan while Lexapro was kicking in. I wonder at times if I was having discontinuation syndrome. I tried not to take meds and that was not working. I still feel anxious and not like myself, but the meds really help. I am wanting to get exercise, that is supposed to burn off cortisol too. (knowing is not doing in my case : )

Did you have any medication changes that could have triggered the attacks?

Im-Suffering
10-03-2014, 05:19 PM
You
Its freaky! I can feel some a little right now. I took Atavan and Lexapro. It is helping. I stopped taking Lexapro after 12 years this April. 2 months later I felt like all my nerves were freaking out, I was very agitated, panic, I thought I was going to have a breakdown, couldnt relax. I took Atavan while Lexapro was kicking in. I wonder at times if I was having discontinuation syndrome. I tried not to take meds and that was not working. I still feel anxious and not like myself, but the meds really help. I am wanting to get exercise, that is supposed to burn off cortisol too. (knowing is not doing in my case : )

Did you have any medication changes that could have triggered the attacks?

Let's differentiate the different chemicals. I believe adrenaline is an after effect so to speak. It must first be stimulated by the neurotransmitter noradrenaline, noradrenaline is first made in the brain or limbic systems. Now the process is not apparent to the individual, so onset of symptoms could vary wildly from when the chemicals are first released. Noradrenaline > dopamine and seratonin are now suppressed > adrenaline is dumped. What first starts as an emotion or thought ends in the body's reaction to that emotion. Not the other way. It is not that your heart rate increases and so you have an attack, it's your mind has a thought or emotion that starts the process, and you only begin to Recognize it officially by the HR and physical sensations which could be some time after the thought, so the connection between thought and response is broken, you are then bewildered.

In my beliefs noradrenaline is the catalyst for anxiety and panic therefor most are taking or prescribed the wrong uptake inhibitors.

Noradrenaline, manufactured in the brain is responsible for the thought and emotional processes. It is a neurotransmitter, that then crosses the synapse or leaps the nerve endings. This chemical or molecule works closely alongside serotonin. When your seratonin levels drop sufficiently you become cloudy and unfocused. It is my belief that the mind is first stimulated by thought into releasing noradrenaline which then suppresses the seratonin levels, and you have the beginnings of an anxious state, giving way by the mixture of chemicals to bodily responses, mostly in the mind and muscles at that point...

When the body has started this process, and it takes a split second, the kidneys receive the message to take action. Now, adrenaline is injected into the blood stream. Now, physically one may say they are having a panic attack as the heart rate increases, one becomes sweaty, unable to rest, and ready for imaginatory action in most cases.

So as you can see, the process starts in the brain, not the kidneys, and with the noradrenaline molecule. One has a thought or emotion and then the body responds, the body itself does not instigate the process but follows it.

Now, if one could stop the process before it begins, say with a norepinephrine re uptake inhibitor, then one might nip it in the bud. NRI's including the drug Strattera, and to a little lesser extent Wellbutrin or zyban might offer a break though for the sufferer. Rather than fight to suppress adrenaline, one must realize adrenaline is a reaction. Noradrenaline is responsible for your aches, your dizziness, cloudiness, the onset of mental distress that then informed the adrenals to release or dump, by then you are feeling your HR beat faster and you are in a full blown attack.

I would be interested in hearing from others that have take Strattera or Wellbutrin. Or you might suggest trying one of these two for yourself.

Sedatives such as Ativan or Klonopin or Xanax to an extent calm the system do not work on the synaptic system in a way as to block the re uptake. Ssri's I believe work backwards and while effective to a certain extent do not work on containing containment of the incipient problem but rather the end result, where an NRI would serve to stop the process before it begins. Raising seratonin or dopamine levels, while inhibiting norepinephrine, and ultimately disconnecting the process before the adrenals are activated.

JustaGal
10-03-2014, 05:43 PM
That would explain why my nerves felt like an explosion.

Xerosnake90
10-03-2014, 06:30 PM
You must calm yourself. Pills are not a magical cure to stop your panic. Just feel your panic, you already know what it is. Why let it bother you?

Your body is stressed due to your mind feeling on edge at all times. Your thought patterns dictate you want immediate relief and the feeling of recurring panic sets off a trigger of impatience. As if a child whom throws a tantrum because their cartoons were turned off after their allotted time of viewing. Appreciate the "view" time you get and work with a psychiatrist to fix your insatiable desire to be panic free.

You're on the right path, you can do it :) take care

JustaGal
10-03-2014, 06:42 PM
That is a tough one... I am in favor of relief in suffering. Once a little stabilized then feel the smaller attacks. I don't think full blown attacks should be endured, and in the Anxiety Cure the doctor explains that panic can be very damaging to the brain to ignore. I do agree with you to an extent.

You must calm yourself. Pills are not a magical cure to stop your panic. Just feel your panic, you already know what it is. Why let it bother you?

Your body is stressed due to your mind feeling on edge at all times. Your thought patterns dictate you want immediate relief and the feeling of recurring panic sets off a trigger of impatience. As if a child whom throws a tantrum because their cartoons were turned off after their allotted time of viewing. Appreciate the "view" time you get and work with a psychiatrist to fix your insatiable desire to be panic free.

You're on the right path, you can do it :) take care

twinsmake5
10-06-2014, 09:01 AM
I have an appointment with a psychologist next Monday. I really wish it was earlier but it was the best they had. I did well over the weekend but it is back full force today. I mean really bad. I have tried calming myself. I have tried everything. Nothing is helping today. I just feel like crying because I can't make it stop. I just want to be able to wake up and not go into a panic attack right away. I just hope I can get through this week.

JustaGal
10-06-2014, 09:13 AM
I have an appointment with a psychologist next Monday. I really wish it was earlier but it was the best they had. I did well over the weekend but it is back full force today. I mean really bad. I have tried calming myself. I have tried everything. Nothing is helping today. I just feel like crying because I can't make it stop. I just want to be able to wake up and not go into a panic attack right away. I just hope I can get through this week.

A option is to go to urgent care or Er and get Atavan. I know that is not a long term solution, but for the short term. Did you do well on Atavan in the past?

twinsmake5
10-06-2014, 09:29 AM
A option is to go to urgent care or Er and get Atavan. I know that is not a long term solution, but for the short term. Did you do well on Atavan in the past?

I have Valium that I am taking right now. Atavan is what I was on before. Nothing is seeming to help today.

JustaGal
10-06-2014, 09:36 AM
I have Valium that I am taking right now. Atavan is what I was on before. Nothing is seeming to help today.

Did your doc say you can increase the 2mg if needed? I read that is a small dose. I am not pushing drugs, but I dont believe in torture. I am in favor of getting stabilized and then using all our resources to have a permanent solution. The usual things, diet, exercise, talking, but how the hell can you do that when you feel like you are going to snap.

twinsmake5
10-06-2014, 10:09 AM
Did your doc say you can increase the 2mg if needed? I read that is a small dose. I am not pushing drugs, but I dont believe in torture. I am in favor of getting stabilized and then using all our resources to have a permanent solution. The usual things, diet, exercise, talking, but how the hell can you do that when you feel like you are going to snap.

Yes, she did say I could increase it to 4mg. I am taking that but not even that is helping today. I don't know if it's just a bad day or what. I just want to sit and cry it is so bad. I can't eat. I have to force myself to eat just a little bit. I am down 10 pounds in the last week.

JustaGal
10-06-2014, 10:14 AM
Yes, she did say I could increase it to 4mg. I am taking that but not even that is helping today. I don't know if it's just a bad day or what. I just want to sit and cry it is so bad. I can't eat. I have to force myself to eat just a little bit. I am down 10 pounds in the last week.

Im thinking Valium is not your med. Sorry this is happening. Did the ativan you took in the past help more?

twinsmake5
10-06-2014, 10:19 AM
Im thinking Valium is not your med. Sorry this is happening. Did the ativan you took in the past help more?

The Valium helped. It just isn't today. The Ativan did not help nearly as much as the Valium does.

JustaGal
10-06-2014, 10:23 AM
The Valium helped. It just isn't today. The Ativan did not help nearly as much as the Valium does.

Oh ok... hope the day gets better...

twinsmake5
10-06-2014, 10:35 AM
Oh ok... hope the day gets better...

Thanks. Coming on here always helps a little. Just to know that I am not alone in this.