PDA

View Full Version : Biking hard and having an "episode"

darkavenger
09-20-2014, 07:57 AM
Greetings,

Today I went on a bike after 2-3 weeks of not biking. I climbed up one massive road [30%+ elevation] and when I came up, I felt really weird. I started to sweat really crazy, eventhough it wasn't very hot out there [24°C - 26°C RealFeel]. When I came home I still had elevated heart rate 110-130, and I had to take a rest on stairs, because I felt sudden weakness in my lower limbs [legs] I felt like I'm gonna puke. In a 5-10 seconds as I sat, things were much better, but I'm still having way too much elevated heart rate even now, 30 minutes after this strenuous excercise on a bike and I feel "weird". My heart is racing and stuff.

Could I have something with heart? Heart rate is regular [one channel ECG I have at home] and oxygen levels are 95-98.

Please advise,

regards

Bryan

Im-Suffering
09-20-2014, 08:26 AM
Greetings,

Today I went on a bike after 2-3 weeks of not biking. I climbed up one massive road [30%+ elevation] and when I came up, I felt really weird. I started to sweat really crazy, eventhough it wasn't very hot out there [24°C - 26°C RealFeel]. When I came home I still had elevated heart rate 110-130, and I had to take a rest on stairs, because I felt sudden weakness in my lower limbs [legs] I felt like I'm gonna puke. In a 5-10 seconds as I sat, things were much better, but I'm still having way too much elevated heart rate even now, 30 minutes after this strenuous excercise on a bike and I feel "weird". My heart is racing and stuff.

Could I have something with heart? Heart rate is regular [one channel ECG I have at home] and oxygen levels are 95-98.

Please advise,

regards

Bryan

I happen to be around....so, and I feel a message coming..-

It's a difficult predicament indeed....the body is good to go but the mind isn't. So what do you do? Care must be taken not to overdo the exercise, putting undo strain on the body which in itself can cause further issues. One can try and compensate by bravity and pushing too hard the physical aspect to make up, so to speak, for the perceived mental lack caused by the anxiety, or whatever. This is not easy to get across, bare with me.

Life has changed, one needs to accept. This is not "before" this is "after" and so one needs to adopt a new way of exercise, a new way of dealing with life which is no less meaningful, just in a different way.

Now I am not saying to accommodate anxiety and show weakness, but I am not saying overcompensate to show strength either by hill climbing when the body was conditioned for weeks without it. Start smaller.

It's not black or white, it's the grey. But importantly, you will never be the you that you knew. You are different now. So adjust accordingly as you work on yourself mentally and physically, and be kind to yourself while you do it.

Stop trying to force new wine into old wine skins if you'll accept that verse. Do you understand? See your life going forth as an exciting new adventure, and start anew in your thinking. Remember the old you is what thought yourself into the person you were. It took years of negative conditioning and self suggestion to reach that height, you see.

Now you have a different hill to climb, in a different way, and thus today's experience with the physical hill was highly symbolic, period.

This is a strong message to you, I do not respond or have the inclination to respond to everyone

darkavenger
09-20-2014, 08:34 AM
Im-Suffering - You're absolutely right. And I kind of know I overdid it, a lot. Also googled out this: "If you are new to exercise, doing too much too soon can cause dizziness, nausea, shakiness and weakness." I'm not new to biking, but I was long time out.

Thank You for Your words, I will commemorate them.

Im-Suffering
09-20-2014, 08:37 AM
Im-Suffering - You're absolutely right. And I kind of know I overdid it, a lot. Also googled out this: "If you are new to exercise, doing too much too soon can cause dizziness, nausea, shakiness and weakness." I'm not new to biking, but I was long time out.

Thank You for Your words, I will commemorate them.

Today's physical climb was symbolic of the mental challenges you are facing, as the psyche knows it has mountains to climb, and it reasons the best course of action to do it.

You have a wonderful future ahead, just you'll be a different person doing it.