PDA

View Full Version : Just when it was finally cool enough to go for a walk yesterday:

1Bluerose68
09-17-2014, 03:41 PM
Just when it was Finally cool enough to go for a walk yesterday,

A big yellow barker of an offensive dog came charging at me as I walked past the fence, next to the sidewalk.

Of course I kept on walking.

I felt like walking into an ER, he was so close to the sidewalk that me fingers seem to tingle with fear of being bitten off.

We do have a right to walk down our neighborhood street w/o being almost physically threatened by fierce, angy, defensive dogs in peoples yards.

There is a limit as to how close the people are allowed to have the dog run up towards the pedestrian walking by on thy sidewalk.

I felt like I was suffering some sort of arythmia after that scare and had 4 more laps still to go...

I will NOT let a barking dog ruin my exercise routine.

But I wish there was something we could do to make sure that dog is tied in the yard so not to jump at everything and everyone that passes by the sidewalk w/in his chopperz reach...

If it was a child, he may have bitten of his nose or something , if the child chose to stop and wonder about why this animal is barking so wildly.

I know when I had a pet canine we had a steak which we placed in the yard and dog could run around w/in a peripheral area w/o threatening the public walking by the sidewalk. Even if the owners had a gate. Dogs can jump, and little hands may accidentally go by in the air roller skating, skipping, clapping,etc...?

Pedestrians REALLY do have rights too.

Its not just about The Land Owners...

Dahila
09-17-2014, 08:24 PM
Move to Canada, we have no jumping and barking dogs, here. Most of dogs are really friendly so their owners. When dogs are out in the garden it is in back garden, not the front one.

Dorriekeepson23
09-17-2014, 11:47 PM
And bring my Sophie's too!

Dahila
09-18-2014, 07:31 AM
Dorrie tell me when so I can send the address:))

jessed03
09-18-2014, 09:02 AM
And bring my Sophie's too!

Dorrie!!!

(insert extra characters)

jessed03
09-18-2014, 09:05 AM
I'm a dog person, but I actually hate meeting dogs outside. You just don't know how they've been trained, brought up etc.

Not the best of things to go through when you're tense. Kudos for keeping at it.

Dorriekeepson23
09-18-2014, 09:25 AM
Send away sweetheart! I hope you have a spectacular day love! Taking little boy to see Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Fun times!

Dorriekeepson23
09-18-2014, 09:27 AM
What's up? What's up? It's been a while!

happylife
09-24-2014, 06:08 AM
That sounds awful but at least it keep the adrenalin running too :)