PDA

View Full Version : I need help....

TooTense
08-14-2014, 12:54 AM
I don't know where to turn...

The psychologist gave some new meds called Anafranil and the first day, I was fine. But today?

Well, frankly, I've slept horribly since I started taking them, or to be exact, it's likely I'm not sleeping well since I'm no longer allowed to take Diazepan, but today is different...

I've been shaking almost non-stop and my teeth are clenching so much it hurts... I don't know what to do.... It's only 9AM and I'm going crazy...

Does anybody know if it's safe to take Valerian root pills? I really need to calm down. The meds prescription said my anxiety might get worse before getting better, but feeling like this all day will be too much!

Chefmike78
08-18-2014, 09:28 PM
Hello there,
I just started taking lexapro today for the first time. I've been suffering from anxiety/panic attacks for years.
I've also been prescribed the med for the last two years but never took the doctors advice.
Soo, today I said why not, I cant get any worse....
It was terrible... More panicky then ever... Jittery, dry mouth, dizzy. And I only took half of the dose

Autumn Hazel Rain
08-19-2014, 07:10 PM
Hello earthlings!
I would say consult your psychologist about your reaction, or just stop taking them and see if you feel any better. Anxiety begets anxiety. Try doing some exercises or meditation. Valerian root would work, as well as sleepy time tea. I know the feeling! and hope you get better!

joe_c
08-30-2014, 10:03 AM
I would stay off of any medication. Sadly, a lot of psychiatrist get paid by medication companies to give out medicine.

The only medicine I would recommend is antidepressants prescribed by your doctor, not a therapist.

daria1969
08-31-2014, 08:51 AM
Chamomile tea helps to calm the anxiety as well