PDA

View Full Version : Anxious about being Anxious

TCaf
07-31-2014, 03:58 AM
Hi All,

Im flying overseas in about 7 hours and Im not normally nervous about flying but I am at the moment , more that I am anxious about being anxious on the flight and on holiday. I know silly isn't it? Does anyone have any suggestions to calm my nerves?...

Thanks,
T
:)

JohnC
07-31-2014, 04:57 AM
Xanax for me to fly :)

trinidiva
07-31-2014, 05:37 AM
I usually get a flying sedative from my doc....at least I have it in case I get really anxious.

Yazzy
07-31-2014, 02:19 PM
Diazepam!!!

Kixxi
07-31-2014, 06:14 PM
Hi All,

Im flying overseas in about 7 hours and Im not normally nervous about flying but I am at the moment , more that I am anxious about being anxious on the flight and on holiday. I know silly isn't it? Does anyone have any suggestions to calm my nerves?...

Thanks,
T
:)

Dear I know how that feels. I'm always anxious about being anxious :) It is certainly not stupid. Pills can be a temporary solution, or you can try some glorious meditation or yoga :) Keeps your mind from wondering and bad thinking. Also if you notice you have these thoughts, try and counter them.

For example:
What proof is there that you will be anxious? And if you are anxious, so what? Many people are anxious when they are flying, yours will just be anxious about being anxious? It's okay to be!

Anne1221
07-31-2014, 07:24 PM
I saw something on tv where this man said it's the first few minutes while you're taking off that is the worst. He said, "Get through that and you've got it made." he works with people who are anxious about flying and he suggests they bring a straw with them to breathe through until after take off. Other than that, bring things to keep you busy! make a list NOW of all the things you'll do to keep yourself busy/occupied on the flight. puzzles, write letters, list things you like to do, things you want to accomplish, etc.