PDA

View Full Version : Theres always something :-/

petrified
07-27-2014, 11:47 AM
Fed up!!!

Well I thought it would be a good idea to try and lose some weight and get fitter so I joined an exercise class a few weeks ago.
First week went fine, well fine for me I had a little wobble where my heart rate went up but beat back the heart attack thoughts so was all good haha.
Well the second week I did a jump and landed funny on my ankle. I carried on and it was alright niggled a little but nothing major.
Well last week when it came to the jump again my ankle really hurt. I carried on with the rest of the class but have been left with pain ever since.
Now the pain is really sore and in all the joints in my leg.
My ankle hurts and is swollen, my shin is sore, my knee is sore and swollen my thigh bone and one buttock and my hip. What can this be?
Really don't want to google as I no what googling leg pain will come up with.
Any ideas before I really panic and rush off to a & e please.

Dahila
07-27-2014, 12:09 PM
Put some ice pack on it and do not worry. I quit on gym after two years due to constant straining of my muscles and tendons. Of course gained everything back, now I prefer to go on my bike, which is not really the good time in summer in Canada. Soon it will cool down :))
I have been there, done that and the pain was like for weeks. Stop jumping I could only do yoga, power class (with the free ways) almost had heart attack on Zumba class. The best for me was always elliptical machine, no pulled muscles, sore due the high resistance but I had never hurt myself on it. I wish I could spend two thousand on a good one to have in house:))

trinidiva
07-27-2014, 04:28 PM
Alternate between heating and icing. Its normal to experience some pain when starting a new exercise workout. I have definitely been there. I usually would take a nice warm shower and put a warm heating pad on the sore areas.

Hang in there it will get easier...exercise is a good thing for anxiety.....

And...please, no Google!