PDA

View Full Version : Hi, new person here.

Cathie
11-30-2005, 04:55 AM
Hi, I'm a 20 year old student and my anxiety is really taking over at the minute. It's stopping me from going to lectures, due to a bad experience I had in one early this year. I just need somewhere where I can talk and people will understand what I'm on about.
I hope I've found that place here.
Cathie

brickyard_red
11-30-2005, 07:10 AM
Welcome Cathie! I'm so glad that you found this forum. This is exactly the right place. You will find that there are many others here that suffer with the same things you do and many of them are students too, just like you.

You never have to worry about what you talk about here, no one will make fun of you or think bad things because we all suffer too. This is a very caring and safe cyber family and we all welcome you and are very glad you are here.

Cath :)

shoe
11-30-2005, 08:07 AM
welcome cathie =)

I had anxiety attacks really bad when I was in high school, I had to quit going because of it. But I'm going to college now and as long as I don't get called on I'm okay in classes.. for the most part. I do take benzo's when I need the support though.

Have you spoken with anyone about your anxiety (therapists, other people)? And have you stopped going to school altogether, or just certain lectures? If you risk failing a class they might be willing to work something out with you if they know of your condition.. but I'd talk to a therapist first to get a diagnosis.

11-30-2005, 09:29 PM
Hi Cathie, Welcome to the Forum, So Glad to have you here!!!! :) Like Cathy said no need to worry about anyone making fun of you, as everyone here is a great bunch of people.

flower29
12-14-2005, 03:53 AM
Hi, I feel the same way my anxiety is stopping me from going to work. notrhing happened there its just that there is so pressure and I feel like everbody is normal and i an crazy :?