PDA

View Full Version : My blog about overcoming depression and personal development

Try_Repeat
05-29-2014, 04:29 AM
Hello! I have been on forum for a while, and I want you to review my blog about personal development and overcoming panic attacks, depression, anxiety and fears.

My path of personal development started about 5 years ago, when I was suffering from panic attacks and depression. Before that I tried to find salvation from my suffering in enormous amounts of alcohol and got an addiction and related health and mental problems which I could't handle.

And I got a lot of problems connected with anxiety and panic that days: fear connected to different things (fear of death, of disaster, of war, of poisoning, of going mad, of hurting my relatives and myself, of losing control over my body, of my future, of getting unknown disease, of being beaten or killed in the street and so on.), constant sense of hopelessness, sadness. I was also very emotional, impatient and nervous and got symptoms of ADHD. Sleep problems, dizziness, derealization accompanied me. I tried antidepressants, but they didn't provide any help.

5 years ago I decided to find another way out of this. My thoughts were only of getting rid of depression, but as a result, I got much more! I managed to improve my character, mental skills and my health and my health. And my life became much happier than it were even before depression! I don't consume alcohol, nicotine or other drugs at all, I don't drink coffee, I feel healthy and very good. People who I know say that I have changed dramatically in a better way since old times.

That is why I am talking about depression as a chance to improve yourself, as a start of personal work.

On my blog I am talking about methods which helped me to overcome depression, panic attacks and to became more strong, balanced and happy person. I write articles in Russian, then my translator (my current translator is from Scotland) translates them into English. Russian version of my blog became very popular in Russia, and I get a lot of gratitude from people who suffer from same problems that I had and who found help in my articles.

So I will like to get reviews for you about my site. I will appreciate more critical reviews than good reviews, because critics will help my site to become better.

What do you think of articles? Are they easy to read? Aren't they to long?
Does the site navigation easy? Is it easy to find useful information?
My earlier posts were translated not by native English speaker, is the language suitable there?
What do yoг think about website in general?
What do I have to improve?

I will be glad if you answer these questions. I hope this site will help some of you to get rid of depression or anxiety!

Here is my site:

http://nperov.com/

Dahila
05-29-2014, 10:30 AM
Malwarebytes is bloking your site, is there something wrong with it right now? If not I will come back and exclude it.

JohnC
05-29-2014, 10:56 AM
Looks like an interesting site. I will be curious on your opinion Dahila.

Try_Repeat
05-29-2014, 10:57 AM
Malwarebytes is bloking your site, is there something wrong with it right now? If not I will come back and exclude it.
Hello, I have just checked it. I have downloaded a free version of Malwarebytes. It blocked my site from the first attempt, but in five minutes I tried to visit it again, everything was ok, no blocking. I guess it is some bug. My antivirus never responded to my website as a threat. It is tottaly safe, don't worry)

I have just checked it in online service:

http://i.gyazo.com/fed32c8dac847cf18d6976d7bc93a647.png

JohnC
05-29-2014, 11:03 AM
I will check it out better when I get off work.

Dahila
05-29-2014, 12:52 PM
Thanks will check it;))
checked and excluded, looks good, will check when back from work, thank u Try:)

jessed03
05-29-2014, 06:16 PM
I've only just had a quick look, as I'm on my phone. Some of the posts look really, really good though. Great share.

Ponder
05-30-2014, 03:56 AM
How you going Try_Repeat, I'd rather discuss the content as there is absolutely nothing wrong with the format whatsoever as You've done an excellent job with that!!!

I'm not a proponent of happiness, but don't let that get in the way of yours. LOL . The truth is - I'd like to be, but not in the way it's so often sold. Not in a way that gains me something - I see it more about being content within the realm of which one IS - one way to stop blaming others is to simply accept without the need to get, have and or even seek. I've done a lot of yelling and screaming and only just now, settling back on a path of healing myself.

I accept part of principle four, however feel that it is wrong to play down the uniques in each individual as a result of suffering. What I have gained from suffering is a source of strength that has helped me go on to fight for others. This source of that strength did not come from the pampering I once received from my Sunday school teacher. Such tempering only comes from the hardships we face - just like a plant that grows strong when baring the elements, compared to the weak stringy one that has too much of a good thing and not enough exposure to what others call hard work. I share these as my experiences, my views - whilst blaming abusers of the past will keep one in a state of perpetual angst ... that is to say, I agree we need to let go of such things - one also has to be real about the limitations that such human happiness is having on our world and how that is degrading the environment in which we must live. So much so that even those living is bliss, will not be so happy once there is no more air to breath and the invariable comes to bare.

LOL - Mr Doom and Gloom. I'm all about salvaging what peace is left to be had - but not from personal gain. Not from a development plan based on getting me this or that. You can't give up one emotion with out giving up the opposite ... I think the Buddhist way of detachment seem to make sense. I'm also not into "having to be connected to others in the big wave of shift so seemingly taking place" ... the all important paradigm shift ... :)

I don't know and I mean to to judge or speak with authority other than just share my angle. I see a lot of stuff that resonates on you very well polished and well done Blog --- CONGRATS on that ... wish O could write like that.

Srry for the rave ... been a while and I'm not quite right in the head ... but it feels good to speak of such things. We don't all have to agree.

I have been searching strings like - "spirituality without a God" and some of the stuff I see there looks good too ... I have been hard core into the atheists spins of late - yet now, as I regain my health, I feel despite coming to terms with dumping the Christian brainwashing experience I endured for so long - that I'm still in need of something else I know lives within - at least while I am still breathing at least.

I now go rave on about that in my own Blog where I can stumble as much I do without regret.

Nice to meet ya ........ excellent Blog!!!

Respectfully
Dave. ;)

Try_Repeat
05-31-2014, 12:45 AM
Thank you Dave, for your comment.

Although I don't understand it fully. Perhaps I don't know English so well. But I want to address those things, which I understood.

This is not Buddhist blog. As I came to all these conclusions about connection of depression with personal traits, delusions, attachments I didn't know anything about Buddhism. Everything I did - I meditated, watched things happening inside me, watched myself and my suffering and coming to a solution about it. I tried to implement skills gained by meditation in daily life, fighting with my depression, weaknesses, destructive desires, insecurities, nervousness, hyperactivity and observed how it worked well.

First came practice, and then only theory presented on my blog. Only some time later I discovered that my conclusions intersect with Buddhism, other religions and also some secular approaches in psychology. It gave me a view, that I am on on the right way. And the aim of my blog not to introduce some teaching, but to help people to overcome depression, bad habits, weaknesses, to develop essential for happiness skills basing on my own experience firstly, and maybe using the connections with different teachings related to overcoming suffering.

Maybe this approach is different to modern psychological approach, which I don't like so much. I think modern psychology (at least in my country) tries to remove suffering staying in the plane of suffering, often working with the cause, not reason. But meditation and related approaches addresses mechanisms which exist at the roots of suffering, removing it at all (or weakening the sense of suffering), not just masking it. But this is separate and long topic.

As for different and unique roots of suffering, I think that fundamentally every person is the same. And the sense of uniqueness and difference can causes suffering, incomprehension and many personal vices. But I am not insisting that you have to agree with that. I never tried to present some absolute knowledge. My ideas and thoughts connected to the topic interested me only in the practical way. If some idea helps person to understand better the cause of his depression and to overcome it, than this idea is good. And it doesn't matter so much can we relate it to absolute truth or not.

Even if I wrong with that, I believe, that meditation is essential practice for those who want to develop useful mental skills, and learn how not to identify themselves with their fears and negative feelings. Like sports, healthy food, good sleep can improve one's health irrespective to what kind of person you are, meditation can improve your brain your relation to suffering, no matter how unique you are.

You can't give up one emotion with out giving up the opposite

Some time ago I answered to this argument like: "no you are wrong! I began meditating and I became to experience more positive emotions and less negative. The law of conservation of emotions doesn't work here."

But now I say you are right! You can't give up one emotion with out giving up the opposite! But meditation is a way to find permanent, stable, independent of external circumstances happiness which exists beyond temporary pleasure and displeasure. It doesn't mean it makes you un-emotional, it makes you happy with what you have, with the fact you live and breath, of what you have now!

So that's what I think. Thank you for your response. Sorry didn't answer the full comment.

Ponder
05-31-2014, 03:07 AM
Your welcome - you don't have to answer the full comment. It was never intended as a question, however probing we find each other. Resistance in futile - LOL ... I also never mean to imply you blog was a Buddhist blog, so forgive me if my views came across that way. I do admit that my views may seem vain as if I am speaking as some know it all...ussually to those that resist, disagree, and love to quote in never ending debates, however I get that ,,, and also read ... that your not coming from a religious position...if I read you right. Therefore, I felt I could open up to you without too much worry of being tit for tat ... but rather open to each others points of view.

Your first paragraph sound like you have put in one hell of an effort to combat said issues and I am listening intently. :)

Yes ... helping others is a great way to heal ourselves and I don't mean to imply I know anything better than yourself, other than to delve into the content as I said. I think you have done an excellent job in detailing your own experiences and your further sharing your approach to me right now is greatly appreciated. I am truly honored that you have responded like so. Huge thanks!

I really can't say much about modern psychological approach because it includes numerous ways and when practiced in the west from my what I have experienced as repeat offender, classic abuse victim and bla bla bla ... that it;s more the practice rather than the train of thought such practitioners adopt. If I could share one thing on that topic it would be this:

"It is not the facts that matter, what matters is the way in which we were encouraged to discover them."

I picked that up today watching a clip on Richard Dawkins Book "An Appetite For Wonder"

Perhaps that may not make sense re the practitioners within the Mental Health Filed ... but for me it very much does as the way people practice reveals so much more about their intent and generosity and is worth so much more than the actual theory in which they wish to present. No doubt a personal message I hold dead to, and makes me question my thoughts regarding emotion, as too your own response. WONDER is everything to me - something that was taken from me from an early age, and something I now fight to re connect with. Again, I question giving up emotions completely as to do so could be seen as taking detachment too far. I don't mind detaching from society as I understand and see it, however I do not want to go as far as detaching from myself. Bit like loosing ones grip as they push off to get some distance, but slip in the process and keep floating off into space without a life line - or just aimlessly ... with aimless raising question to purpose and so on ...

What country you come from is perhaps culturally significant, however suffering is not ... suffering is suffering. I see your context is more to practice ... you in the west, east or some other location? part of what you said "...tries to remove suffering staying in the plane of suffering... makes me think of the great western power - America's recent pledge how it "must" play the part of "The Hammer" They always boast about removing suffering; but do so by creating suffering.

However I see or at least think your talking about root causes Vs reason ... Root causes for many abused children are often term as "Troubled Children" - with the reason rather taboo and best left unsaid. This one a recent sore spot for myself, however in my view relevant and no doubt for some looking on that know me well ... will perhaps better understand what I mean of that. It's how I would say that suffering is not so easy to that of just being happy ... How can you reason if you don't know how it was that you suffered. I think a little soul searching into the past is worth the heart ache in order to know what is that on runs from - If I was religious I might say, facing ones demons perhaps -

From my experience ... I have not been able to find reason until it was that I earnestly went back to the route cause that broke me like so. No I see, that accountability is not what I seek .. that is to say ... make sure those that hurt me suffer in some way. I think Society will pay the ultimate price through extinction and in some small way, despite finding a little healing of late, I do belive that such needs to happen before we could ever post to say that any kind of great shift is taking place ... in this county its obviously not! I live in Australia - with a very controlling government making life miserable for the poor. A liberalized party seeking to cover up the it's abuse and give fuck all to the reason other than the season. They just took millions from the royal commission into abuse children and gave it over to some other cause whilst in need, far from anything to warrant pulling funds from a supposed service to help so many find reason! - It's all BS in that respect - that's what you get with religious governments that pose as non denominational serving for the secular.

Off track ... You don't have to justify to me - but glad you have tried ... My point of view when discussing how this or that country views the well being of its citizens, and especially with respect to the root causes Vs Reason. ... Again - this is why I do not really care so much about making those abuses suffer - because it's like pissing in the wind. Far better to relive what you have buried so deep - as it's those deep ones that keep us living in fear ... even though we can't remember how it was we were abused - Trauma ... finding the reason can be another traumatic even in its own ... The degree to which we suffer, the techniques of abuse used and so on, can indeed make us quite different to one another ... LOOK AT ME >>> obviously I do not see the same as you - I find much of the methods you mention like a libertarian that wants to give reason to taking from the poor and giving to the rich. Don't blame - get over it - move on - and so on ... You ware your suffering like a badge, you need to buck up .... la la la ...

No offense intended - I get many of the concepts used. Resistance is futile - Never once did I expect you to insist of anything, however such words you do raise, which brings out more that fallibility to which I had previously mentioned and tired to avoid by saying, no one has to agree. If we were all the same, then you would better understand me - to which you have said you don't ...

I'll tell you this much ... it's surely been a blast!

I'm going to look into this WONDER thing ... I think I have found a reason to get fit again ... only having worked out how it was that I was fucked over by all those people the libertarians don't want us to blame! LOL - I have to say - that part of the writing was indeed so so fucking refreshing and life saving for me.

You have absolutely nothing to be sorry for and now I see I don't either - Forgive my filthy commoner expression ... This chat has been very enlightening for me. I do believe I will embrace this sense of whatever and enjoy the tingles for whatever label one may or may not claim it to be.

I've done all my Juicing, eating, exercising and well constructed routine for the day - I'll go top it off now with taking my meds on an empty stomach ... Woo hoo.

Peace to you and yours
Dave ;)

PS - I think I'll leave the bad grammar in this one if you don't mind ... just feeling really ZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzz now ... time for more recovery
Remember - resistance is futile. ;)

Doh I see your in Russia - I've been told the family goes way back to being Russian Jews - but then they once said Polish Jews ... I really don't know anymore, because they always fucking lie, have heaps of secrets and keep changing their minds. They seem hell bent on being Jewish though ... go figure ... ahahahahahaaaaaaaaaa

Last of all and most importantly ... I mean you no harm .. whatsoever .. and I can't debate for shit .. I really don't want to .. sorry I could not make more effort to find similarities as is what I think is best way to be ... I'm changing my perspective on emotion ... as I said ... thanks I remain open to cop a beating ... go your hardest ... I'm used to it ... as long as we can be friends I don't care either way.

One last time
Peace out.

Remember I'm not right in the head - you win! "waves the white flag ... "OHHH so he does it after unloading - so typical of Dave pffft" ... hehe ... Truly , have a good night/day!

Dahila
05-31-2014, 08:27 AM
Try I admire you and your blog, I had frequent Russia and I know life there. You are awesome, when I look at history of your nation there and read about it, my hair stand up. It is awful what the system did to you, you as all....

Ponder
06-01-2014, 01:35 AM
The stuff they show on the NEWS here does not look good. I hope you, your family and friends are safe? Looks like a lot of gunfire and smoke ...

Try_Repeat
06-02-2014, 12:27 AM
Try I admire you and your blog, I had frequent Russia and I know life there. You are awesome, when I look at history of your nation there and read about it, my hair stand up. It is awful what the system did to you, you as all....
Thank you so much for your words! I am glad youi like it)

You mean the soviet system?=)

Try_Repeat
06-02-2014, 12:28 AM
The stuff they show on the NEWS here does not look good. I hope you, your family and friends are safe? Looks like a lot of gunfire and smoke ...

My family is safe. Gunfire is not in Russia, it's in Ukraine. It's another country.

Ponder
06-02-2014, 02:34 AM
Arrr yes, Russia is doing the shooting hey? I kind of figured that might be the case. Then things could be worse.

Perhaps some Ukrainians might find solace in your Blog. Best of luck with that.

Try_Repeat
06-02-2014, 07:34 AM
Arrr yes, Russia is doing the shooting hey? I kind of figured that might be the case. Then things could be worse.

Perhaps some Ukrainians might find solace in your Blog. Best of luck with that.As I know from news and people who live there, Ukrainian new government does the shooting against Pro-Russian activists and civilians. As I know, despite that situation is presented differently in Europe/US Media and Russian media, both media agree with the previous statement.

But Russian media talks about fascist, pro-american government VS civilians, and western media talks about Ukrainian democratic government VS pro-russian separatists and terrorists. So, the thins you hear depend on what source you read.

But one is true, that situation is insane. I hope the conflict will resolve soon

Dahila
06-02-2014, 08:02 AM
Thank you so much for your words! I am glad youi like it)

You mean the soviet system?=)
Yes, the Gulag and the harm they did to ordinary people. So many older people are forced to live on the street due the low pension plan, it is sad, however it is not limited to Russia only

Listening the media is giving the wrong picture of situation, it is like always fight for the power. Ukraine always wanted to separate from Russia and they even had pact with Hitler for that, one of their achievements were murdering whole Polish villages............. now they want to celebrate Bandera, very sad indeed........When the country celebrates murderers , the country is not good
I am sorry I do not intend to insult anyone, and maybe i should not write it? Try_repeat I hope you will understand what I mean:))

Ponder
06-02-2014, 10:54 PM
I know one thing for sure Try-Repeat - Here in Australia, our NEWS is censored very much. You are right about finding proper sources. I just wish humans would try to get along. It does not help that I am full of bitterness myself, however I in saying that, I would prefer to get along rather than fight. I think many of us just don't know where to start. I wish I could see more clearly and also maybe be heard better - other than communication - I tend to agree with the atheist view of how religion tends to create more harm and good. Dogma in all it's forms - Nationalism with the intent to stay different and build on pride ... I think such vanity will be the death of us, however I try not to be negative all the time in thinking that. I am trying and again -

although I struggle with some concepts - I like your blog very much and can see how helping others is at least worth more than my resisting myself. Norry for the confusion ... having a hard time today ... but nice chatting all the same.

Peace to you all -
Strange to say such things when I walk my own streets so bitter. I hope it will soon pass. It must be something that comes with detoxing ... hehe

Try_Repeat
06-03-2014, 01:29 AM
Yes, the Gulag and the harm they did to ordinary people. So many older people are forced to live on the street due the low pension plan, it is sad, however it is not limited to Russia only

Listening the media is giving the wrong picture of situation, it is like always fight for the power. Ukraine always wanted to separate from Russia and they even had pact with Hitler for that, one of their achievements were murdering whole Polish villages............. now they want to celebrate Bandera, very sad indeed........When the country celebrates murderers , the country is not good
I am sorry I do not intend to insult anyone, and maybe i should not write it? Try_repeat I hope you will understand what I mean:))

Yes, I understand. The revolution, than the Stalin regime were pure insanity in a scale of whole country. A lot of ordinary people were murdered by government, Christian churches and temples of other religions were destroyed, and their priors were killed. A lot of lie, fear, vileness accompanied that time... This is terrible and very distant from human values. Like a person can dwell into madness and paranoia, but it was the whole country! It was a genocide like in Hitler's Germany!

Justly to say, that the Czar regime before revolution was not so good either. And better to say, that our country didn't come to democtratic values in present time. But it is much better. Many people here dislike their own country, but it's not so bad now. It is possible to be happy here and develop your personality. And it is very big and beautiful also. Have you been to Russia? I didn't understand it from your previous statement!

As for Ukraine, I don't know much about it's history in WW2, and hence can't talk about it. To my shame you know more about it=)) But last time I try to devote more time to studying history, to get rid of my ignorance. I begin studying different sciences only from time I began meditating, before it, I didn't have much interest in it, I din't have much interest in everything!=)

Dahila
06-03-2014, 09:54 AM
I had been in Russia a few times, and I found people to be well informed and open at least to me. I know a lot about History of your country cause I am addicted to books. It is good though.
Try you should put the link to your blog in your signature here. :)

Dorriekeepson23
06-03-2014, 10:36 AM
I know one thing for sure Try-Repeat - Here in Australia, our NEWS is censored very much. You are right about finding proper sources. I just wish humans would try to get along. It does not help that I am full of bitterness myself, however I in saying that, I would prefer to get along rather than fight. I think many of us just don't know where to start. I wish I could see more clearly and also maybe be heard better - other than communication - I tend to agree with the atheist view of how religion tends to create more harm and good. Dogma in all it's forms - Nationalism with the intent to stay different and build on pride ... I think such vanity will be the death of us, however I try not to be negative all the time in thinking that. I am trying and again -

although I struggle with some concepts - I like your blog very much and can see how helping others is at least worth more than my resisting myself. Norry for the confusion ... having a hard time today ... but nice chatting all the same.

Peace to you all -
Strange to say such things when I walk my own streets so bitter. I hope it will soon pass. It must be something that comes with detoxing ... hehe

Dave, just saying hello, and had to tell you HOW BEAUTIFUL THE PICTURE IS. LOVE IT!!! Hope all is well, friend. dorrie

Try_Repeat
06-04-2014, 12:38 AM
I had been in Russia a few times, and I found people to be well informed and open at least to me. I know a lot about History of your country cause I am addicted to books. It is good though.

Nice to hear that. Where were you?

Try you should put the link to your blog in your signature here. :)

Oh okay. I read FAQ and found that rules don't restrict that.

PS. Dear moderators, if I violate some rules, please inform me and I will remove link from signature=))

Dahila
06-11-2014, 07:54 AM
Try I was living 60 km from lwow so it was Ukraine, and Kijow such a beautiful city. When I was visiting it was years ago. I am in Canada for 23 years. Everything was different than now.
You not trying to sell anything or asking for donation, so I do not see why the link in your signature would do any harm. It is a good place and you should share it:))

Try_Repeat
06-30-2014, 03:57 AM
Try I was living 60 km from lwow so it was Ukraine, and Kijow such a beautiful city. When I was visiting it was years ago. I am in Canada for 23 years. Everything was different than now.

I have never been to Ukraine. But Russia is so huge, it's twice bigger than Canada, and Canada is big! Here are a lot of beautiful places to see, many different climate regions, like many different countries in one divided by culture and even language. I have been in many of them, but in scale of whole Russia it's just only a few places.

Dahila
06-30-2014, 10:19 AM
I have never been to Ukraine. But Russia is so huge, it's twice bigger than Canada, and Canada is big! Here are a lot of beautiful places to see, many different climate regions, like many different countries in one divided by culture and even language. I have been in many of them, but in scale of whole Russia it's just only a few places.
Yes I know, I know more about Russia and different languages and cultures that you think. It is beautiful country and awesome people. The system is not so awesome. I worry about the situation now. I have Russian friends from all over the country;)))
When I was living back in Poland I had so much of yours products, and love it. I listen the songs and music:)

Try_Repeat
07-01-2014, 02:04 AM
Yes I know, I know more about Russia and different languages and cultures that you think. It is beautiful country and awesome people. The system is not so awesome. I worry about the situation now. I have Russian friends from all over the country;)))
When I was living back in Poland I had so much of yours products, and love it. I listen the songs and music:)
Ah, I don't think bad about youк knowledge of Russia=) Perhaps you now about something better then me=))

Yeah the system is not so good. In Moscow living is not so bad (except the situation with huge prices on real estate). But in regions it may be worse. The most amoount of money is centered in Moscow...

Situation in Ukraine is very bad. I hope this madness will pass over. Will Ukraine join EU or will not it's not so important, peace is more important. It's a pity to observe that people have changed peace and lives of people on some political principles...

Dahila
07-01-2014, 08:52 AM
This is what I can not understand ; the race to fight, to kill.,...it is global. I visiting your blog occasionally when the time allows ;))

missedlink
07-24-2015, 11:04 AM
thx, interesting site