PDA

View Full Version : Jury Duty

brickyard_red
11-27-2005, 08:43 AM
Sorry I haven't been saying much lately. I got a summons for jury duty on Monday the 21st and have kind of been a mess since. They say that this is a random method of picking people, but I don't think so, I've been picked 4 times now. Random my ass!

I have gotten off all the other times so this time probably won't be any different, but there is always that chance that I will have to serve. Last time it was for Grand Jury this time it is only Petit, but still , I CAN'T DO IT! I just can't. There is no way I can go DOWNTOWN by myeslf and park in a parking garage by myself and walk myself to and from my car to the court house. They just don't understand. I am scared out of my mind!

I either can't eat at all or when I do eat I feel sick. IT SUCKS! I'm sorry to be so down this time, I always try and be uplifting and positive, but right now I just can't seem to get there.

I know that there is nothing you guys can do about this, I just had to get it off my chest and vent a little bit. I go and see my Dr. on Wednesday, so hopefully when he writes the note and faxes it to the court house I will get a response soon about being dismissed! I don't know what I'm going to do if it doesn't work though. My jury duty is suposed to start Dec. 19th, the week before Christmas! And I got the jury summoms the day before my birthday, happy freakin birthday to me, eh?

O.k., I'm done. Hope you all are having a good day. And Dan, hope that you are feeling better, I read in one of the posts that you weren't feeling too well. Sending get well wishes your way!! Love you guys.

Cath :)

11-27-2005, 11:39 AM
Hi Cathy, (((HUGS)))) I am sorry to hear about the Jury Duty, I hope you get dismissed from it though as I know Jury Duty is a real pain, my brother and my uncle both got asked to do it a long time ago, but luckly they were dismissed from it, so I hope that is the case with you as well. :D I can totally understand how you are feeling about not being able to go downtown by yourself and go to the courthouse, I myself am very afraid of going places alone, I get very panicky. Well Cathy, I hope things for you go well and that hopefully you will not have to do it, sending my best wishes to you and good luck. :D

brickyard_red
11-27-2005, 11:54 AM
Thanks Chris. :)

shoe
11-28-2005, 09:17 AM
Cath, they better let you off!! I think as long as you have a diagnosis from your doctor that shows you can't do it should be enough. When I got a notice for jury duty years ago, I just ignored it hehe. Lucky for me they didn't seem to notice.

btw, I am feeling better thanks for asking ;)

dan

Bridgie
11-28-2005, 10:47 AM
Cath, I would be scared out of my gourd! I think the note from your Dr. will get ya off the hook, though, I *think* if you have had any kind of mental ailments, including depression or anxiety disorders, they wouldn't pick you to be on the jury anyways.

So I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you and sending big hugs!

brickyard_red
11-28-2005, 01:09 PM
Thanks everyone. It's nice to know that I'm not the only one with my fingers crossed right now over this. I've gotten myself to the point where I can't relax my neck muscles and they are constantly tight. :? I'll be so happy when this is all over!

Bridgie
11-28-2005, 02:48 PM
Cath, try and relax! I know it's not easy, but maybe take a nice hot bubble bath. I just got these bath salts that smell like Eucalyptus, Peppermint and Lemongrass. I just have the jar sitting open on my desk, and they are great!

You know it might be interesting to sit on a jury, I think that would be kind of cool. But the anxiety leading up to it, and getting there is the hard part. IF you have to go, can you get somebody to take you? That would ease your mind I would think.

Good Luck!

brickyard_red
12-02-2005, 06:04 AM
Well, just an update so far for you all. I went to the Dr. on Wednesday and he did write me a note, which I faxed to the court house that day. And he also put me on Buspar along with the Welbutrin I was already taking and plus gave me Xanax to take when I am actually having a panic attack.

I called the court house yesterday to see if faxing the note was good enough or if they needed me to send them the actual hand written letter in the mail and the clerk told me that the fax was good enough. While I was on the phone she checked to see if he had looked over it yet and she told me he hadn't gotten to it yet, but that it looked like he was going to excuse me. So, hopefully I'll be getting a letter in the mail today or tomorrow telling me that I am excused.

So, that is the update so far. I'm not having quite as many panic attacks as I was at first, still having them though. And the Buspar is making me tired and feeling like I want to be real quiet, if that makes any sense. :? :?:

Bridgie
12-02-2005, 08:03 AM
That sounds like great news, Cath! I'm sure everything will work out. Let us know how the Buspar works out, too....

jerseygirl
12-04-2005, 01:38 PM
Im glad to hear that everything went well. Im just curious, what did ur doc write on the note for ya. Cuz i wanna tell my doc the write the same thing if i ever get jury duty :P

brickyard_red
12-05-2005, 05:50 AM
Well, I finally got my excusal in the mail from jury duty. I tell ya, I've been having almost constant panic attacks over this and it is a relief to know that it is over.

The note that my dr. wrote states:

Due to her severe panic disorder it would not be medically advisable to serve jury duty.

:) , that's all he had to write.

12-05-2005, 04:22 PM
Wow That is Great News Cathy, glad to hear things worked out for you!!!! :D

brickyard_red
12-06-2005, 05:57 AM
Thanks Chris :)