PDA

View Full Version : Hypnic Jerks & Sleep Disorders

willheal
05-19-2014, 09:03 AM
I get hypnic jerks, so as I'm falling asleep my body will just jump up (like what happens when you feel like you're falling in your sleep). Most of the time it also sends me into a panic simultaneously too.

Long story short, it happened last night and I come running through the bedroom door and slammed my food real hard on the door frame. My girlfriend was looking on and said "oh wow that sucked". The foot is all swollen and blue now on one side, whoops! I had to share because that's the only time I've ever gotten hurt from anxiety before. :D

Does anyone else ever get sleep problems? I seem to have this every night lately, probably from not getting enough sleep...

Dahila
05-19-2014, 09:07 AM
Oh I do and for such long time that you probably do live that long. The jerks stopped when i went on meds. They are awful. I hurt myself thousand times cause anxiety. most often I hit on furniture or cut myself in kitchen when my hubby starts to give me s**** hehehe

Anne1221
05-19-2014, 09:46 AM
You may have restless leg syndrome. That means you just have a need to kick your legs, and it occurs especially just before you try to fall asleep. I have PLMD, periodic limb movement disorder, which means I kick my legs in my sleep. There's a medication for it but it sounds like you MAY have rls.

willheal
05-19-2014, 04:33 PM
I usually don't get any weird feelings in my leg but I know what you mean, a friend of mine has RLS