PDA

View Full Version : How often does your anxiety just hit you?

Anne1221
05-16-2014, 10:00 AM
How often per week would you say you're going along fine, not worried about anything, and suddenly, bam,
you're fearful and worried? I would say for me right now, it's about 5 times per week. Usually at night.

Anne1221
05-16-2014, 10:03 AM
On second thought, it's probably 3-4 times per week, but those nights just stand out so it seems more.

free808
05-23-2014, 12:33 AM
For me it was every single day before work.
Then I'd be a no-show (sitting in my car, having a panic attack).
Then I'd lose my job.
Then I'd spiral back into depression.
Then I'd sleep a lot.
And then my anxiety attacks would stop, as long as I never went anywhere or did anything.
That same, tired pattern continued for many years. Now I work from home, and that helped a lot. Then the anxiety only came on occasions like parties or if we went out in crowded places.
And now I seem to finally be over it. Been anxiety-free for about two months...like not even a little bit. Zero. Hopefully I will keep doing what I'm doing and will just continue to grow stronger and more confident.

mandizzle
05-23-2014, 01:21 AM
Like Free808, I tend to have problems when I am leaving my home. I also have some problems at night and while I am driving. I guess if I had to estimate it, I would say that I get bouts of anxiety 1-2 times a day. There are times were I can go a couple days without a problem, but then I usually get knocked on my butt at some point. However if I am with my family and friends, they tend to get knocked down to about 2-4 times a week.

So I guess, suffice it to say that it varies. If I am alone, 7-14 times a week. If am not 2-4 times a week if not less.

antelope
05-23-2014, 02:48 PM
It usually happens every day for me. Certain situations trigger the feeling more than others

motherOfBees
06-01-2014, 06:51 PM
My anxiety is automatic if I get in a car. Even worse if I'm the one driving. Thank God going thru town didn't bother me, getting on the Interstate freeway freezes me up within five minutes or less. It's embarrassing.. humiliating. Belittling. I'm learning to comfort myself with positive loving internal verbal massages, breathing techniques like 4-7-8

Pumpkin
06-01-2014, 07:04 PM
My anxiety often hits me the hardest when i'm not busy, sitting around and start to think about the future whether it be short or long term. I get very overwhelmed and start to feel sick to my stomach. I also get it bad when things at work or school are really busy and i'm afraid that i'm going to mess something up. It's really random for me and that's the thing about anxiety, you never know when it's going to hit you.

surpassit
06-01-2014, 07:24 PM
I feel you pumpkin. If im at home alone with no one to converse with, I usually start noticing things that give me anxiety. And when my workload is too stressful I get anxiety too. Fml

Pumpkin
06-01-2014, 09:48 PM
I feel you pumpkin. If im at home alone with no one to converse with, I usually start noticing things that give me anxiety. And when my workload is too stressful I get anxiety too. Fml

it's the absolute worse.. it's hard to find that balance between doing nothing and being too busy. sigh :( thankfully, there's hope for everyone and soon we'll all know what works for us when it comes to managing our stress