PDA

View Full Version : meds for obsessive anxiety?

orpheus
05-15-2014, 03:54 PM
I'm looking for meds to deal with GAD like anxiety and panic attacks......

Benzos no longer work....and i'm dependent on them so i used them the wrong way.....

Anne1221
05-16-2014, 09:37 AM
Have you tried any antidepressants? They can be very helpful.

Dahila
05-16-2014, 09:51 AM
Orpheus welcome to the forum. I wonder why you have only benzos for anxiety. Have you ever abuse them? Many people do....
You need to talk to the doctor about it and get something to relieve the pain. There is a lot of meds that can help you. The best would be psychiatrist.
I can not be on AD but my psdoc is keeping me on gabapentin which works for my awful GAD and panicks.......... :)

pharmacharak
06-10-2014, 11:38 PM
Hello,
Generalized anxiety disorder is mainly based on the mental health which you are suffering from stress & other daily problems.
Sumenta herbal supplement is the medicine which can cure from anxiety & panic attacks...

Dahila
06-11-2014, 07:50 AM
Hello,
Generalized anxiety disorder is mainly based on the mental health which you are suffering from stress & other daily problems.
Sumenta herbal supplement is the medicine which can cure from anxiety & panic attacks...

I am herbalist and nothing cures anxiety, it gives some relieve but does not cure. We live it whole life. I hate bs on this forum

HockeyRules
06-12-2014, 11:10 PM
Um...No you don't have to live it your whole life. While I agree that no drug CURES it....Some do give you the building blocks to get better and stronger mentally. It is mentality of defeat that fuels anxiety and if you think you will never get better...guess what..you won't. Be proactive about it......That is what helped me with my GAD. If you live n defeat ....you will always be defeated before you start. Most of GAD symptoms start because we think wrongly and our brains make to think its true ...but its not. CBT with a good therapist leads to the building blocks to victory. While I still have bumps in the road....95 percent or more of the time I am back to normal ...med free.

David

Fourteen14
06-13-2014, 05:23 PM
I agree with Hockey Rules.

Obsessive/compulsive behaviours are best managed with cognitive therapies.

Conventional medication specific to the OCD end of anxiety is sertraline (commonly branded as Zoloft in the US).

As far as herbs go (not my area of specific knowledge) but valerian root extract is said to be a natural mild non-addictive sedative, Dahila will be able to correct me if I am wrong. :)

Perses
06-15-2014, 08:02 AM
Hi,

I agree with all the comments below. Managing one's anxiety requires a go-to bag that contains: a therapist, a psychiatrist, hard work, a support network, and medications. These days shrinks will start with anti-depressants, because they are harder to abuse, and take a while to kick in.

pharmacharak
06-19-2014, 03:34 AM
Hello,
Anxiety and panic attacks are causes for mental illness and hence sumenta herbal supplement would be solution on it. It can tack anyone without doctors prescription...