PDA

View Full Version : Feeling disorientated, dizzy, lightheaded, heavy body, tight chest, can't sleep etc..

tagebore95
05-14-2014, 11:11 PM
My panic attacks started about 6 months ago because I thought I was having a heart attack, My heart squeezed really hard and it felt like it had a dysfunction of some sort ( like too much pressure on it ) and it felt like it was beating once per minute... I was getting reallllyyy cold inside and everything went blank and I became hysterious I already accepted my death I remember. ( This happened after I had some bad sleep, which I've had since the 9th grade). After that, I had to go to the hospital several times, I was sure I had something wrong with my heart. So, days went by and they couldn't find anything from the ekg and every day after that I had several panic attacks where I felt reality was dissolving away and It felt like I had extreme pressure on my heart always during those attacks happened and as if it got crushed and extreme head pressure which made me unable to even concentrate, it was like a blurred vision. I couldn't do anything than just walk around the apartment like a maniac, I was literally crying because everyday was a effort for me to get through and maybe it was the last day for me... I called the ambulance several times because I thought I was having a heart attack. Sleeping was really hard for me because when I was lying down I couldn't breathe and It felt like my body was a rock and I had extreme chest pains and felt like my heart had tons of pressure. I had to quit school because I can't remember anything anymore, I have no motivation, I have no interests anymore, I have no energy, I feel empty, I feel my heart has damaged to the point I have developed heart failure, I fear I have angina I fear I'm gonna die anytime soon. What to do? I'm hopeless I feel like there is no future for me because the clock is ticking and I'm gonna die before I even hit 20, I'm almost 19 now. I have so many symptoms and so many physical feelings, something has to be wrong with me. I'm also constantly aware of my heart beat and I can see and feel it beating trough my chest. It somehow feels as if my heart is damaged. This can't be anxiety only right? I'm gonna go to the hospital soon to go trough some more testing, currently have only been talking to my psychiatrist every week.

zvanx001
05-14-2014, 11:48 PM
Hey buddy,

I know it's scary. But you're not dying. Your heart is fine. I used to be on beta blockers my anxiety had gotten so bad heart wise. However, after ecgs, echocardiograms, halter monitors, etc. Nothing was wrong. It is in fact, all in our head.

I'm no where near cured. My depression/anxiety has been all but crippling lately, but at least now I know my heart is not the problem. I hope to be better soon, but it's a brutal work in progress.

Go for a walk, play a video game, watch a funny movie, call a friend, clean your place. Whatever you want. Just something to occupy your busy, racing, mind...your mind which is currently betraying you. Go to a doc. Tell them everything. Perhaps get something to help you cope for a while. Something like Klonopin.

Just know that you are NOT dying, and you are NOT alone. I'm only a few years your senior, but it sounds like I am quite a bit more experienced in life. If you are scared, post here. I'll respond, and hopefully so will others.

In the meantime, take a few deep breaths and relax. Just think...If you were truly having a cardiac episode, you'd be dead by now! Things like that don't come and go lol. It is in fact, all mental. I know that isn't necessarily comforting, but at least you're not dying!
Be well.

rhar
05-15-2014, 04:27 AM
I get same feelings except mine are all around my head sensations...

beatule
05-15-2014, 07:07 AM
I get same feelings except mine are all around my head sensations...

What sensations in your head are you talking about?

Mine is also focused around my mind and not my heart..

rhar
05-19-2014, 02:33 PM
What sensations in your head are you talking about? Mine is also focused around my mind and not my heart..

I feel faint, dizzy, off balance and a weird feeling when my head is still like my brain is swimming.
I also tremble a lot