PDA

View Full Version : hand tremors anyone?

bkn
04-28-2014, 09:28 AM
I'm a 20 year old girl and I have been diagnosed with Generalised Anxiety Disorder. I don't take any drugs or anything. I had been feeling slightly dizzy and off balance since the past 2 months and I went to many doctors none of them thought that it was anything serious.

The other day I was holding 3 bags of normal weight on my forearm and had been holding them for about 10-15 minutes with jo problem when suddenly my hand started shaking uncontrollably. I quickly shifted the bags to my other hand and the tremor stopped. But this scared me aloy that maybe I have something neurological :( I'm a huge hypochondriac and now I'm afraid that the dizziness and now this tremor is something to be worried about.

I also get tremors when I make a fist tightly and place my arm with full force on table.

I can't get another appointment with a neuro so soon

bkn
04-28-2014, 09:30 AM
My mom said that it was probably due to uneven weigh distribution or something but I had been holding the bags for 10 minutes before my hand starting shaking.
Please guys I need to know if this is normal or not

bkn
04-28-2014, 09:37 AM
Oh and another thing. This was yesterday and since then I have been trying to recreate the tremor but no matter how many bags I put on my arm I can't recreate it. I can however recreate another tremor by placing arm with full force on a table and making a tight fist.
I'm afraid of diseases like MS and tumors because dizziness and tremor can be symptoms.
Oh and I twich alot too...especially my thumb.

Robert Tressell
04-28-2014, 11:43 AM
I've always had shaky hands especially when stressed eg before a work presentation, just adds to my anxiety! i'm pretty sure yours is as a result of muscular tension which sadly is a symptom of anxiety, and nothing serious so please don't worry.

bkn
04-29-2014, 07:07 AM
I hope so but I am really freaked out :(

Robert Tressell
04-29-2014, 02:43 PM
I hope so but I am really freaked out :(

Don't be. Anxiety feeds on itself. It's just a symptom that's all. Eat regularly and well, and drink plenty of water. Perhaps try a good magnesium supplement?

lisaxo
04-30-2014, 06:40 AM
Hi - I suffer with hand, arm and leg tremors / shaking sometimes with my anxiety. I have no control and just shake really badly. I also go over cold and my teeth chatter too. I also come over dizzy about 7 times a day at least and it's all very scary :( x