PDA

View Full Version : the girl who cried wolf

nelliemiller
04-24-2014, 07:45 PM
If someone has health anxiety and has at some point diagnosed themselves with either a heart attack, stroke, dvt, ms, or some other disease, and it comes to the point that something is truly going wrong, how would you know? So many symptoms feel real when health anxiety takes over. I can't tell if my body is trying to tell me something is wrong or if I once again am making up an illness for myself.

Michael33
04-24-2014, 11:18 PM
These illnesses dont usually develop overnight. Just get a check up once a month, after that one time a month just tell yourself that you know you're okay (at least for that span of a month). In that time it will help you practice keeping your anxiety levels down, knowing that it's just anxiety and your health is all well.

Get some excercise and cut out any bad habits if you have any(smoking, cut down at least, alcohol etc.) as quitting these things will give you much more of a reason to believe you are in great health.

needtogetwell
04-25-2014, 03:39 AM
If you have a recent clean bill of health, then I would say it is your anxiety trying to keep you in the game. Simply refuse to play and carry on with your day.

Harder said than done, I know but practicing will make it easier. Just remember, stay away from Dr. Google.

Good luck,
Pam