PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone gotten anxiety from Lamictal? Please respond.

Srm1135
04-23-2014, 03:51 PM
I'm on 150mg of Effexor which I believe has changed my life. Went from having constant anxiety at a level 7 to 10. Effexor I believe has taken it down to between a 1-4. But I can't seem to get it to fully go away. I also take 50mg of Lamictal. I wonder if the Lamictal is giving me the anxiety because I take it before I go to bed and the mornings are the worst for my anxiety. Any thoughts.

jessed03
04-23-2014, 11:47 PM
Lamictal (had to type that 5 times before the ipad realised that wasn't a spelling error) is not a light drug. Do you take it for seizures, or anything like that?

Now you've improved, I feel I can probably say this without it being something that stresses you. You were a really bad case. I worried about you when reading your posts. It didn't seem like much was working for you.

I think the Effexor has been a mini miracle for you. I'm so pleases to read that that has made a difference to you.

I really don't know if the lamictal is causing some anxiety. It's gonna depend on the individual, it's of course possible. What I do know is you've made a big jump. You post some good numbers. Anxiety as a 1-4? That's a massive jump from some of the posts you were making a while ago, where you seemed to really be suffering.

My advice is give it time. There isn't anything you've posted that makes it seem like lamictal is a big enough problem to have to go and shake up something that's working pretty well. Maybe you've missed something out, but I get the feeling you're trying to rush things forward a little more, and perhaps looking for an easy fix to progressive even further. I don't know if the lamictal is that easy fix.

Mornings are your guide. If I were to ever study up, and become a psych doctor, or a therapist, I'd mostly be concerned with two things, how a person is nightly, and in the morning. They just reveal so so much about your life. The night reveals your stress levels and thinking habits throughout the day. The morning often reveals your overall nervous system stimulation level.

And there's no way yours is gonna have reduced enough to have an easy life, yet. You're still gonna feel the effects of your past a lot, especially in the mornings. Your brain patterns won't have returned to normal, your subconscious is almost certainly still slightly troubled, and your nervous system is far from back to normal.

They're probably all gonna be things that do get back into line, but I think you may plateau at this point you're at for a little while.

I don't know how good of a shape you're in physically. Nows a good time to step that up a notch if you can. Get yourself in great shape.

And keep CBT tight. Print out the list of cognitive distortions which you can find on google, and just keep thinking tight.

Keep doing daily relaxation, Brainsync, something like that (talk to Gene Allen) to get that subconscious right.

Do that for 3 months. It'll enhance healing.

Then if you feel you wanna mix things up, look at dropping lamictal.

I think that's better than rocking the Apple cart and dropping it now. It wasn't too long ago that you looked in a really bad way.

Now there's some light.

That's what I'd do.

Keep it up bro. It's good to see something working for you. Really is.

Srm1135
04-24-2014, 01:05 AM
Lamictal (had to type that 5 times before the ipad realised that wasn't a spelling error) is not a light drug. Do you take it for seizures, or anything like that?

Now you've improved, I feel I can probably say this without it being something that stresses you. You were a really bad case. I worried about you when reading your posts. It didn't seem like much was working for you.

I think the Effexor has been a mini miracle for you. I'm so pleases to read that that has made a difference to you.

I really don't know if the lamictal is causing some anxiety. It's gonna depend on the individual, it's of course possible. What I do know is you've made a big jump. You post some good numbers. Anxiety as a 1-4? That's a massive jump from some of the posts you were making a while ago, where you seemed to really be suffering.

My advice is give it time. There isn't anything you've posted that makes it seem like lamictal is a big enough problem to have to go and shake up something that's working pretty well. Maybe you've missed something out, but I get the feeling you're trying to rush things forward a little more, and perhaps looking for an easy fix to progressive even further. I don't know if the lamictal is that easy fix.

Mornings are your guide. If I were to ever study up, and become a psych doctor, or a therapist, I'd mostly be concerned with two things, how a person is nightly, and in the morning. They just reveal so so much about your life. The night reveals your stress levels and thinking habits throughout the day. The morning often reveals your overall nervous system stimulation level.

And there's no way yours is gonna have reduced enough to have an easy life, yet. You're still gonna feel the effects of your past a lot, especially in the mornings. Your brain patterns won't have returned to normal, your subconscious is almost certainly still slightly troubled, and your nervous system is far from back to normal.

They're probably all gonna be things that do get back into line, but I think you may plateau at this point you're at for a little while.

I don't know how good of a shape you're in physically. Nows a good time to step that up a notch if you can. Get yourself in great shape.

And keep CBT tight. Print out the list of cognitive distortions which you can find on google, and just keep thinking tight.

Keep doing daily relaxation, Brainsync, something like that (talk to Gene Allen) to get that subconscious right.

Do that for 3 months. It'll enhance healing.

Then if you feel you wanna mix things up, look at dropping lamictal.

I think that's better than rocking the Apple cart and dropping it now. It wasn't too long ago that you looked in a really bad way.

Now there's some light.

That's what I'd do.

Keep it up bro. It's good to see something working for you. Really is.

Wow, that was a really powerful post. It really hit home. I think I am trying to rush things. I just want to get back to normal so bad I'm forgetting all the progress I've made. Thank you so much for the strong advice. I really appreciated your perspective.

needtogetwell
04-24-2014, 03:56 AM
Hi Srm,

As you are doing so much better of late I am going to remind you that this road to recovery is a long one. But with that can be very satisfying in terms of the self discovery that you have.

Don't try to rush the progress, I know it is frustrating but the truth of the matter is that you will get to the finish line when you are supposed to.

Take it one day at a time, enjoy and find value in it.

You are so definitely going forward!
Cheers
Pam

GeneAllen
04-24-2014, 08:31 AM
Brother you are doing great like Jesse said. You've come so far, and yes residual energy is going to drop away as you relax more and more. Be real patient with yourself now and from here out. I do recommend brainsync.com I would read over the studies on brainwave technology as well. Find out what resonates with you, it's mp3 and will realign your left and right hemisphere's of the brain. It's easy listening, and very revealing as you'll get insights. I am doing the sacred ground right now. I did the anxiety, as well as brain massage.

Do not mix caffeine or aspirin, or acetaminophen with this drug either. These are a few major interactive agents. Here's a bit more info on Effexor xr and the drug. Using venlafaxine together with lamoTRIgine may increase side effects such as dizziness, drowsiness, and difficulty concentrating. Some people may also experience some impairment in thinking and judgment. You should avoid or limit the use of alcohol while being treated with these medications. Avoid driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medications affect you. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

You're doing well, keep going,
These are some interactions that may pop up, but not dangerous, always talk to your doc.
Peace