PDA

View Full Version : breathing

hh93
04-19-2014, 09:16 AM
has anyone ever had a feelin where u have to have a deep breathe every few seconds to catch ur breathe, ive done this nearly all day and now when i breathe normally it feels like im short of breathe

John_Mark
04-19-2014, 09:21 AM
I had this in the past..

hh93
04-19-2014, 09:26 AM
any ideas to try and make it stop....

Ritch
04-19-2014, 09:30 AM
This may help

Breathe in through your nose and out of your mouth. Lay down and put your hands on either side of your stomach but make sure your fingers tips touch each other. When breathing in make sure that your stomach goes out words and not inwards ( e.g. when some people show others their stomach they pull their stomach in or breathe in as some people call it, that is the wrong way to breathe in.) When breathing in your finger tips should no longer touch because your stomach has gone out and allowed your diaphragm to expand, then slowly release the breath and repeat. start with in 4 and out 4. don't just pull air in and push it out control it.

When doing this focus on the breathing and nothing else, feel it come into your nose down your throat and into your lungs. Then feel it leave. If you lose your concentration and begin to think about something else that is okay. But as soon as you realize you have wandered bring your thoughts back to your breathing. Perform this exercise for a minimum of 3-5 minutes, if you practice it enough it will help.

Dahila
04-19-2014, 11:22 AM
This may help

Breathe in through your nose and out of your mouth. Lay down and put your hands on either side of your stomach but make sure your fingers tips touch each other. When breathing in make sure that your stomach goes out words and not inwards ( e.g. when some people show others their stomach they pull their stomach in or breathe in as some people call it, that is the wrong way to breathe in.) When breathing in your finger tips should no longer touch because your stomach has gone out and allowed your diaphragm to expand, then slowly release the breath and repeat. start with in 4 and out 4. don't just pull air in and push it out control it.

When doing this focus on the breathing and nothing else, feel it come into your nose down your throat and into your lungs. Then feel it leave. If you lose your concentration and begin to think about something else that is okay. But as soon as you realize you have wandered bring your thoughts back to your breathing. Perform this exercise for a minimum of 3-5 minutes, if you practice it enough it will help.
Very good advice. 5 minutes twice a day should bring almost immediate results

hh93
04-19-2014, 11:50 AM
thanks guys :) going to give it a try

Fourteen14
04-19-2014, 12:07 PM
has anyone ever had a feelin where u have to have a deep breathe every few seconds to catch ur breathe, ive done this nearly all day and now when i breathe normally it feels like im short of breathe

I get this when I'm particularly stressed I also carry tension in my chest and upper back which also makes it worse and sore.

Sometimes I get acute episodes and other times, prolonged all day long (sometimes weeks).

The breathing techniques given sound like they will be a great help.

Although the symptoms are distressing, you are not alone.

hh93
04-19-2014, 12:26 PM
thanks :) good to no im not alone and other people feel this way too

Dahila
04-19-2014, 01:11 PM
click me, please (http://www.anxieties.com/57/panic-step4#.U1L0TVdNw7Y)

hh93
04-19-2014, 01:57 PM
also does anyone get heart palps randomly, i know it sounds wierd but i even get them when i laugh

HockeyRules
04-19-2014, 02:05 PM
click me, please (http://www.anxieties.com/57/panic-step4#.U1L0TVdNw7Y)

Very informative. Thanks dahlia.

needtogetwell
04-19-2014, 06:07 PM
also does anyone get heart palps randomly, i know it sounds wierd but i even get them when i laugh

Yup! You most definite are not alone on that one. Breathing techniques and refocusing attention on something else helps a lot!

Hang in there!
Pam

hh93
04-19-2014, 06:08 PM
its horrible but just have to get on with it dont we :) thanks pam

Ritch
04-19-2014, 07:54 PM
its horrible but just have to get on with it dont we :) thanks pam

Did you give the breathing a go? it can sometimes take a while to get the hang of it but breathing and being mindful like pam suggested can really go a long way :)

hh93
04-20-2014, 06:43 AM
yeah tried it last night, woke up this morning feeling much better :)

needtogetwell
04-20-2014, 06:47 AM
Hh93,

Good to hear you woke up feeling better. That's a huge win. Way to go.

Pam

hh93
04-20-2014, 07:15 AM
thanks very much pam :) good to know theres people out there that are feeling the same and understand wat eachother are going through. still abit 'on edge' with my breathing but its much better