PDA

View Full Version : Honestly so scared right now

nikki_marie21
04-14-2014, 11:14 PM
For the past 10 minutes or what feels like forever I woke up with a sore left leg .. I was just thinking I slept on it wrong but my heart started to pound and race I was feeling numb all over my body felt like I was going to faint ... Now my body is feeling really really hot and weird ! I'm sure this is a panic attack almost certain .. I'm just so scared I can't get myself to return back to sleep

petrified
04-15-2014, 03:04 AM
For the past 10 minutes or what feels like forever I woke up with a sore left leg .. I was just thinking I slept on it wrong but my heart started to pound and race I was feeling numb all over my body felt like I was going to faint ... Now my body is feeling really really hot and weird ! I'm sure this is a panic attack almost certain .. I'm just so scared I can't get myself to return back to sleep

Hi I hope you managed to get back to sleep.

It definitely sounds like panic. Usually if that happens to me through the night I get up and do something like get a drink. I find it better to not just lie there and worry.
Also writing down in here how I am feeling helps me rationalise my thoughts and calms me.

nikki_marie21
04-15-2014, 05:24 AM
Yes I ended up feeling very tired after I managed to calm down .. That attack can out of no where and I woke up feeling so nervous this morning ,, sometimes I feel like I can give advice to others and let them know that it's just panic.. But then it happens to myself and I can't take my own advice

petrified
04-15-2014, 05:36 AM
Yes I ended up feeling very tired after I managed to calm down .. That attack can out of no where and I woke up feeling so nervous this morning ,, sometimes I feel like I can give advice to others and let them know that it's just panic.. But then it happens to myself and I can't take my own advice

Snap I'm exactly the same.
It always feels like I can read people's problems I'm like yeah that's normal of anxiety, but when it's me it feels like I'm having symptoms no one else ever has lol so it must be something serious.

I'm pleased you managed some sleep :-)

enrapture
04-15-2014, 09:03 AM
U poor thing. I can relate to sometimes waking up in the night and having similar attacks. The heart seems to pound for ages and I catch myself feeling my pulse. I try to do slow deep breathing to calm my mind and heart rate down again. Sometimes the panic overrides my breathing but I keep trying till eventually I can get back to sleep.

nikki_marie21
04-15-2014, 09:11 AM
Thank you for your replies .. I honestly didn't need to feel for a pulse because it was like I could hear it in my ears .. I have been on zoloft for almost 2 months now and seeing my doc regularly ,, last night was just completely unexpected and very harsh ,, I haven't had an attack like that in a long time and I honestly thought they were gone for good! I had no reason to wake up with a panic attack but bam! There it was lol all u can say is I'm glad that one is over

nikki_marie21
04-15-2014, 09:37 AM
My one question for anyone is.. Friday will be 7 weeks of taking zoloft ... Should I be feeling the full effects of it by now or do I need to hold out a bit longer