PDA

View Full Version : Intrusive thoughts...

lady16
04-12-2014, 03:55 AM
Hi everybody,

Ive had anxiety on and off for approximately 18 years and the worst part for me out of everything (and Ive had a million symptoms) is the intrusive thoughts which I had for the first time about a year ago. It was so bad I lost about 4 kilos in a week or 2. It just made me feel so sick and I couldnt eat. Ive got a lot better with it all- recognizing and learning its normal for someone with anxiety, PND etc but if it comes out of nowhere all of the sudden it grabs me again and massively freaks me out. It completely distracts me from what I am doing and all I can possibly do is fret about the thought. It just comes on completely unwanted. A couple of the thoughts Ive had and what compelled me to write on here was thoughts that sort of tell me to do something e.g hit so and so. I just want to know if that is still a version of an intrusive thought, i get so scared that there is something wrong with me and that I will act out on the thought. I even then freaked out thinking well maybe I have OCD and to hit someone is the compulsion?! I dont even know if that is something that happens to someone with OCD- i thought the compulsions are usually things like washing hands etc.

Anyway I just get really scared and I hate it. Anyone with some reassurance out there?

thank you

stjlynn
04-12-2014, 08:55 AM
I go through phases where I cant eat or sleep it sucks

After5hock
04-12-2014, 09:00 AM
They never stop for. Constant. :(