PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever get this feeling?

mykids12
04-10-2014, 05:43 PM
Sometimes, more often than not lately, when I'm super anxious I get a weird feeling in my head. It's kind of like a blood rushing to my head type feeling, the way you would feel if you were hanging upside down. It's like that for a few seconds then goes away then comes back as I continue to be anxious. Sound familiar to anybody?

jason123
04-10-2014, 06:41 PM
That's my life LOL, I get that feeling more often than not. If you get it only when you're super anxious than it's probably not something to worry about. Anxiety causes a whole mess of things. Hope this helped :)

needtogetwell
04-10-2014, 07:20 PM
Sometimes, more often than not lately, when I'm super anxious I get a weird feeling in my head. It's kind of like a blood rushing to my head type feeling, the way you would feel if you were hanging upside down. It's like that for a few seconds then goes away then comes back as I continue to be anxious. Sound familiar to anybody?

Take comfort in knowing that you aren't alone, most of is do or have felt as you do.

Do you have a good way of dealing with your super anxious times? Breathing exercises, refocusing attention, meditation? All of these can help.

I believe that in order to be rid of these episodes you really need to reduce the stress in your life. That's what I did and now very rarely am I plagued with this awful feeling!

Hope this helps a little!
Cheers
Pam

ganglia
04-19-2014, 09:28 AM
Brain injury

needtogetwell
04-19-2014, 09:48 AM
Brain injury

I'm confused, was this meant to be helpful?

mykids12
04-19-2014, 09:54 AM
Thanks Pam! I'm sure it is anxiety because it happens when I find that I'm nervous and breathing fast. I do need to learn to control that!

needtogetwell
04-19-2014, 10:13 AM
Thanks Pam! I'm sure it is anxiety because it happens when I find that I'm nervous and breathing fast. I do need to learn to control that!

One suggestion for you... Maybe try to focus on something other than the fast breathing or nervous feeling.

Engage yourself in something with your kids, if they are still young enough to want to do things with mom.

Otherwise, something really mundane, like washing dishes, focus on the warm water, shape of the object, etc. you may find that deliberately focusing on a task or something else will ease the anxiety and help with the breathing.

Good luck !
I wish you all the best!
Pam

Dahila
04-19-2014, 10:49 AM
Brain injury
It was simply being mean. ganglia you are not having good impact here:(
Due to respect to others, I will not tell you how I would describe you . Have a wonderful day