PDA

View Full Version : worried, brain tumor

stuartitaliano124
04-06-2014, 12:17 PM
I am a 21 yearoldmale, usually fit and healthy. For the past 7-8 months I have not been well. It started off with a slight cold 7-8 months ago which the doctors said it was a sinus infection. Which I didn't believe. I had severe brain fog and twitching. Generally not well. Symptoms seem to change daily. I'm worried about a brain tumour. I have twitching all over, not myself, anxiety, I feel nausea in the mornings, I have a weird feeling on one location on my head. I've had two blood tests for everything and 5 eye exams? The Dr said don't worry I said I am, so he ordered a CT scan and I'm worried.. ???????

Fourteen14
04-06-2014, 12:41 PM
I am a 21 yearoldmale, usually fit and healthy. For the past 7-8 months I have not been well. It started off with a slight cold 7-8 months ago which the doctors said it was a sinus infection. Which I didn't believe. I had severe brain fog and twitching. Generally not well. Symptoms seem to change daily. I'm worried about a brain tumour. I have twitching all over, not myself, anxiety, I feel nausea in the mornings, I have a weird feeling on one location on my head. I've had two blood tests for everything and 5 eye exams? The Dr said don't worry I said I am, so he ordered a CT scan and I'm worried.. ???????

What makes you think you have a brain tumour though?

There are far more common and likely reasons for the symptoms you have listed.

Why not anxiety? migraine? Infection? dehydration?

stuartitaliano124
04-06-2014, 12:57 PM
Why? Because I've had it for so long and everything I try doesn't work. I'm petrified about it. I don't see how it could be anything other than bt. I get strange feeling in my head and I don't know what to do anymore.

Fourteen14
04-06-2014, 02:04 PM
Why? Because I've had it for so long and everything I try doesn't work. I'm petrified about it. I don't see how it could be anything other than bt. I get strange feeling in my head and I don't know what to do anymore.

Anxiety brings about really odd sensations also (dizziness, sudden dropping sensations, twinges, numbness, lightheaded, nausea, shaking, headaches, migraine, pressure in the sinus and eyes, heart rate fluctuations, sweating , facial flushing, heart palpitations that feel strong in the temples, vision changes/sensations, chronic fatigue and the list goes on...

My question in asking why, was due to the fact that brain tumours often have NO symptoms until the latter stages, if you have had this for 8 months it would likely have caused some very severe and worsening symptoms such as blindness, weakness of limbs, inability to walk, inability to lift arm/arms, blackouts, intense head pain (to the point that strong pain killers do NOT touch it).

Anxiety in itself (without other causes such as dehydration, virus, chronic sinus problems etc) will give you "sensations" but also real symptoms. The difference is in the severity, for example

fatigue is different to being unable to walk.

Strange changes in vision are different to blindness

Odd tingling/numb sensations are different to pain that cannot be controlled.

JohnC
04-06-2014, 05:23 PM
Hello,
Just thought I would tell you from first hand experiance that sinus infections are really tuff. I spent several years of my life dealing with it and the last few were the worst. They do make you dizzy and your eye's hurt heck your whole body will be effected. It had gotten so bad that I was throwing up every single morning. I missed so much work ( more stress to the anxiety) and my wife and kids sufferd from the finacial loss from all the missed work. After several Years of this my dad saw a ear nose and throat doc and he told him about me and he agreed to see me. After my visit he secheduled me for surgery for that same week. It took a whole year after the sugery for my body to heal from the years of being sick day in and day out. NOW, you my not have it as bad as I did but I thought that I would tell you my story so that you could see what nasty sinus infections can do to a body. I wish you the best and if you do not get relief and they are still telling you it's a sinus infections, seek out a good Ear Nose and Throat guy. If you have issues in there you will start to get sinus infections all the time. Good luck my friend

Kate5283
04-12-2014, 05:44 PM
Could the symptoms be Pshychogenic?

bkn
04-13-2014, 02:10 AM

I'm a 20 year old female and a bit of a hypochondriac. I'm also a relatively healthy person but I've been feeling off balance and slightly dizzy since almost two months. I also went through the fear of so many diseases including the tumor scare.
the thing is that anything is possible. people do get tumors etc but to start of, they are rare especially in 20's. I get twiches too...like everyday. I attribute this to anxiety of my dizziness because I think about this alot.
people with tumors have clear cut symptoms most of the times and they are not as minor as you mentioned. they include severe balance problems, blindness, extreme numbness, seizures, the worst headaches one could imagine. and you've been to the doctor! your doctor spent a good amount of his time in medical school and I'm prettu sure he knows what he's doing. trust him and stop worrying.
I am sure you will have a clear CT :)

pharmacharak
07-01-2014, 12:51 AM
Hello,
There are some confusion about health condition that doctors also can't find so easily that's why they ask to do some test for making any decision so,
No need bother. Just stay calm and everything goanna be okay. I have some herbal treatment on anxiety if you want I can suggest you...

Damon
07-03-2014, 04:28 AM
My wife is in the mental health field and she tells me the same thing. I to am a hypochondriac, however, I just pray it goes away. I hate going to the doctor. I tell her I probably have a brain tumor and she says if that we're the case, you would have some severe and noticeable symptoms. It eases my mind a bit....but I still worry. It seems more that I have anxiety flair ups from time to time. It really affects my sleep. I can't sleep. My heart beats heavy....my insides feel like its vibrating...yet I feel fine. I do exercise, not as much as I should...I try to stay positive

MAM090982
07-08-2014, 11:09 AM
I feel like I need to be married to a doctor with all of my scares, or live in the ER. I only ever feel better if I hear from a doctor that it isn't what I feared what it was. I too am a hypochondriac. It is a disease and not something someone chooses to likes to be. My have major Health Anxiety and in fear right now about my chest pain I am experiencing. It could be as simple as a gas bubble but I googled it of course and it could be breast cancer or lead to a brain aneurysm. I need to stop googling, I know, but when pain comes out of no where, it makes you think the worst. Anxiety has changed my life forever.

lukeypoo1412
10-01-2014, 04:13 PM
I too experience the twitching and muscle spasms. I notice they get worse when my anxiety increases. I also experienced numbness/tingling in my feet and the possibility of a brain tumor crept into my mind. However, the CT scan was clear. I hope yours will be too.

Estelle2008
02-14-2016, 03:44 PM
Hello,
There are some confusion about health condition that doctors also can't find so easily that's why they ask to do some test for making any decision so,
No need bother. Just stay calm and everything goanna be okay. I have some herbal treatment on anxiety if you want I can suggest you...

May I have the herbal treatment on anxiety?

Luke_summers
02-17-2016, 08:16 AM
Did you find out the herbal treatment?

James88
02-17-2016, 03:31 PM
Pleeeeease don't look up symptoms of anything online. The internet will have you convinced you have a tumor, the plague, cancer, etc. I know it's hard not to stress, but do your best until the results come back. It's probably not anywhere near as serious as what you can come up with in your head (or online).

Estelle2008
02-27-2016, 03:22 AM
Did you find out the herbal treatment?

No I didn't :(

tmex
04-17-2016, 02:39 AM
do not worry is not a brain tumor

Ponder
04-19-2016, 04:20 AM
It's not the internet that makes you do anything - Google is a great source of information that has empowered me to overcome many an issue. People just need to learn how to use it. Sadly, they spend too much time on social media.

Now let's all bow down and praise Dr Google. ;)

It's not a brain tumor.

Dahila - I take it, this is exactly what you have been talking about. :P
__________________________________________________ _________________________

Dahila
04-19-2016, 06:56 AM
Absolutely ...........................................