PDA

View Full Version : Important Effexor Question

Srm1135
04-06-2014, 11:08 AM
Started 75/mg a day of Effexor XR last Saturday. I can't get ahold of my damn psychiatrist till my appointment on Saturday. So after a week which was yesterday I took 150mg in the morning. Tired me out but no other side effects. Does anyone think this is ok, or should I wait for the doc who I'm sure will increase it on Thursday?

Ritch
04-06-2014, 11:32 AM
If it's only caused increased tiredness and you can tolerate it then I don't see a problem. Just keep an eye on things

needtogetwell
04-06-2014, 12:21 PM
Started 75/mg a day of Effexor XR last Saturday. I can't get ahold of my damn psychiatrist till my appointment on Saturday. So after a week which was yesterday I took 150mg in the morning. Tired me out but no other side effects. Does anyone think this is ok, or should I wait for the doc who I'm sure will increase it on Thursday?

Did you increase it according to the prescribing physicians directions or did you do it of your own accord?

Tired is not uncommon with Effexor , I was on it for almost 10 years. But if you haven't been told to increase it then don't. Wait for the instructions.

One thing I will advise you of is when you make the jump to 150mg it will be very important that you take it at the same time every day. Effexor has a very short half life and you will likely feel out of sorts if you miss it by any more than a couple of hours.

Good luck!
Pam

NixonRulz
04-07-2014, 07:21 AM
The 150 is still a relatively small dose compared to some.

I went from 75 to 150 as prescribed but I did it after a few months

The 150 was the dose that worked for me