PDA

View Full Version : Heyyy

Dweeb
04-05-2014, 12:01 PM
Hey guys just need a little advice i havent taken my anti-depressants since tues and ive been feeling ok overall no anxiety symptoms or panic attacks. Got a doctors appointment tues do i get more anti-depressants then to carry on taking them or do i try and stay off them? Like Comment Share

Enduronman
04-05-2014, 01:11 PM
This is awesome news!!.
I would still at least have them handy and available just in case...
It may be the fact that it is still in your system so we don't want you to start going backwards dear..
How long have you been on them has it been since December???

Enduronman. :)

needtogetwell
04-05-2014, 01:13 PM
Hey guys just need a little advice i havent taken my anti-depressants since tues and ive been feeling ok overall no anxiety symptoms or panic attacks. Got a doctors appointment tues do i get more anti-depressants then to carry on taking them or do i try and stay off them? Like Comment Share

Hey Dweeb,

Talk to your doctor. Stopping AD's cold turkey is not usually a great idea. I guess it depends on how long you were on them, what dosage and which type it was.

You have been doing really well of late. If you feel you are ready not to be on them, then you and your doc can make the decision together.

I wish you luck!
Pam

Dweeb
04-05-2014, 01:18 PM
Yeah ive been on them since december and i really dont wanna go backwards again so do i start takin them again tues?

Its 20mg fluoextine

Fourteen14
04-05-2014, 01:27 PM
Just to second the points that Eman and Pam have made.

If you have only been taking them since December, they will only just have started to take full effect.

Normally we would see patients on them for at least 9 months (3 months to stabilise) and a further 6 months to allow the nervous system to rest.

Coming off them so soon, you may find a relapse within around a month (as they begin to fully leave your system).

Please don't take this as being negative, it's great that you feel well enough to be without them, my main concern would be that you had some form of support in the background (CBT) etc.

Best to discuss with your doc and make sure the withdrawal is well managed and you don't end up back where you started.

Best of luck

Enduronman
04-05-2014, 01:30 PM
Just to second the points that Eman and Pam have made.

If you have only been taking them since December, they will only just have started to take full effect.

Normally we would see patients on them for at least 9 months (3 months to stabilise) and a further 6 months to allow the nervous system to rest.

Coming off them so soon, you may find a relapse within around a month (as they begin to fully leave your system).

Please don't take this as being negative, it's great that you feel well enough to be without them, my main concern would be that you had some form of support in the background (CBT) etc.

Best to discuss with your doc and make sure the withdrawal is well managed and you don't end up back where you started.

Best of luck

Great post!

Yes, I agree..probably should give them some more time dear...

E-Man.. :)

Dweeb
04-05-2014, 01:38 PM
Thank you
Im goin to continue taking them for a while soesh since my daughter as another op comin up soon and this is what caused my anxiety to start with

needtogetwell
04-05-2014, 04:24 PM
I think you have made a good decision. You are really lucky that it is fluoxetine that you are on because out of all of the ADs this one is the most forgiving and the least side effects as you come off them.

See how it goes after your daughters operation and then maybe you will have huge success coming off them!

You have done do much, you quit smoking and that is a huge achievement, it is also hard on your body. Staying on the fluoxetine for a little bit longer will also keep your body from going through double withdrawls.

Keep up the great work, you are doing fantastic!
Cheers
Pam

Dweeb
04-05-2014, 07:46 PM
Thank you very much pam