PDA

View Full Version : Tips on dealing with Anxiety!!

forgiveandforget1995
04-03-2014, 02:06 PM
Hope everyone's good, 19 today getting old :) I received two Panic attacks today, it's been a week since I've had them.

Today I had to miss College because there were problems with the train, there was a disrupted signal, The train I usually catch is confusing because I have to get on 2 trains to get to my College, but because of all the hectic train problems, I accidentally went on the wrong train.

The train didn't stop where I need to get off, so I had to get off at the nearest stop, I got a bit lost, and I was just panicking and worrying :( I had no money on my phone so I couldn't text anyone. I eventually caught the right train but by the time I was on it, I was 4 hours late for College. I just felt like crap afterwards.

I attend College every Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays, it's quite hard work getting there, I have to get up 6:30 in the morning, and it takes me a Hour and half usually to get there.

I feel like these Panics are still getting the better of me, the course is also stressing me out a bit. I'm not too keen on the course.

Also my Tutor/Teacher phoned an hour ago at 8:30 in the evening, and asked why I didn't make it to College, I told her about the Trains, she told me she wants me in for 9 in the morning, I'm stressed because I was enjoying my Birthday, I don't like getting short notice of things.

The thing is the tutors don't fully understand how difficult I find it to get to College because of my Anxiety/Depression, I find it very difficult to face the world in the morning. I haven't told my mum and dad. I'm just frightened to talk to people about it because I know I'll get judged.

Thanks, I'm sorry to moan, Just feel shooken up,

jessed03
04-03-2014, 02:18 PM
Happy Birthday Kyle!

jessed03
04-03-2014, 02:20 PM
Have you considered maybe a natural supplement like St Johns, to help with your depression?

I think a med will help you, but I know you don't like the idea.

No point living life struggling with simple things like getting up in the morning, right?

forgiveandforget1995
04-03-2014, 02:23 PM
Have you considered maybe a natural supplement like St Johns, to help with your depression?

No point living life struggling with simple things like getting up in the morning, right?

Yeah I was taking ST Johns for a bit, I don't know why but I stopped back in early February. My Mum is Anti Medication though. I don't tell people in my life about my depression because they either

Don't want to know
Don't care
or have their own problems.

forgiveandforget1995
04-03-2014, 02:24 PM
Happy Birthday Kyle!

Thanks Man :)

forgiveandforget1995
04-03-2014, 02:26 PM

Just curious Bro? Do you suffer with Depression at all, it's just that you usually seem really positive about things? Sorry hope you don't mind me asking.

Exactice
04-03-2014, 03:07 PM
Happy Birthday!!!! Enjoy your day the best you can, ever little step my friend! As for depression and anxiety, these are my thoughts that Im dealing with now.

I finally got control of the panic attacks, when they come on, I know what they are and I know how to handle them. The hard part was that Depression and the Anxiety of the Panic Attacks were by-products of the panic attacks itself.

So after facing and getting over the panic attacks its self now I need to deal with the depression and the Anxiety. What I have have been doing is treating them like a child. When I child acts up and gets unruly. I would talk to them and do my best to calm them down. Our Anxiety and depression is a misguided child throwing a tantrum. You just need to accept that it will happen and when it happens talk to it. Talk it down and remind it that everything will be ok.

forgiveandforget1995
04-03-2014, 03:11 PM
Happy Birthday!!!! Enjoy your day the best you can, ever little step my friend! As for depression and anxiety, these are my thoughts that Im dealing with now.

I finally got control of the panic attacks, when they come on, I know what they are and I know how to handle them. The hard part was that Depression and the Anxiety of the Panic Attacks were by-products of the panic attacks itself.

So after facing and getting over the panic attacks its self now I need to deal with the depression and the Anxiety. What I have have been doing is treating them like a child. When I child acts up and gets unruly. I would talk to them and do my best to calm them down. Our Anxiety and depression is a misguided child throwing a tantrum. You just need to accept that it will happen and when it happens talk to it. Talk it down and remind it that everything will be ok.

Thank you :) I try my best, but I always feel like I'm having a Panic Attack when I'm in an area where there's lots of people, and it makes me feel nauseous, Dizzy, and my heart starts to hyper ventilate. Thanks for the advice :) Hope all goes well for you too Friend!

Exactice
04-03-2014, 03:17 PM
Its funny when confidence comes into play with panic attacks. I have all those symptoms too. When the attack comes on though there are 2 things I go to. First is I tell myself that there is no danger, I asses the situation. The second is I go straight to Long slow breathes. Inhale slowly exhale slowly. While I am doing this I am reminding myself that I do this when I am sleeping the most relaxed and comfortable time. Its funny, the moment my body realizes the breaths are slow and full, its like something clicks and I calm down. Even if it doesnt work immediate, knowing that slow long breaths are the best I eventually pass the panic and I am on my way!