PDA

View Full Version : scared antibiotics havent worked

Andyw88
03-29-2014, 02:15 PM
Hi all I went to the doctors with what he said was a chest infection. Even though my girlfriend had the same symptoms. But I got prescribed 21 x amoxicillin 500 mg over 7 days though I've only managed to take 2 a day because of fears of choking on them now I'm worried its going to come back I've felt great for the past 4 days I'm just worried sick has anyone else had any similar issues. Thanks

Fourteen14
03-29-2014, 02:56 PM
Hi all I went to the doctors with what he said was a chest infection. Even though my girlfriend had the same symptoms. But I got prescribed 21 x amoxicillin 500 mg over 7 days though I've only managed to take 2 a day because of fears of choking on them now I'm worried its going to come back I've felt great for the past 4 days I'm just worried sick has anyone else had any similar issues. Thanks

(*quick slap on the hand for not finishing the course of antibiotics) :)

However! The pills were probably given as a precaution (a vast amount of chest infections are viral and clear on their own) If you feel better I would say you probably will have cleared it.

If it was bad infection you mostly likely would still feel poorly. And.....if it did come back......(you go back for a repeat prescription)

No stress required! :)